Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bronze/Mod Creator HolyMoly will become famous soon enough HolyMoly's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Actually, if the mapper wanted to, a larger map could be made smaller according to the amount of players. The map could be made with barriers that would be moved using a brush_move when there are more players to accommodate a larger playing surface. Just like they used in MW2 ready-up for their maps. Scripting it would be easy since I already have a code that will count the number of players in the map (I use this in the Juggernaut gametype I coded) and a brush_move has been done before in many maps. If anyone is game, I'm sure it will work............................. Food for thought!

Mapper highlandertheone is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by paulus95 View Post
    @ torq53 there is a texture called mantle, place it anywhere in your map and you can climb onto it.

But there is a reason why mappers don't make everything climbable, like high towers. If high tower are climbable it is kinda a camp spot, you can only climb it one way most of the time.
    Another reason is that you have to make more stuff at the outside of the map, otherwise it doesn't look natural when the houses just stop or the road.
    Don't worry, I've been working on mine for quite some time.
    But with one step at a time. You will be able to do it.

Just begin with a small house, the basics of map making is a crucial part. To know how to handle the tools is important in order to have bug free map.

First step. A very small map with one house, then further away with the rest as it goes on. In the end, mapmaking is only a way to enjoy and getting some rest from a hard days work.
    Remember creating a map is like a live painting.
    Take care.

Martin.

Mapper Torq53 is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    That sounds like a great idea Holy. With the shrinking numbers it could be the answer. Thanks for the advice Martin, I think I might give it a go.