Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Download Limit

Registered User sky-stryker is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I leave the maps on the server, I just remove it from the map rotation

Administrator CaptCom is on a distinguished road CaptCom's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Well I think its time for me to answer this thread.
    First, to all those who are concerned ( read frustrated ) about the download limit, please read this:
    http://www.codutility.com/showthread...ull=1#post2506

Now to explain the limitations:

People that are coming here to take, take, take and never contribute in any ways, that means never posting, never submitting stuffs, never helping others, never donating, never even say " Hi and thanks " once in a while but simply ( in many case ) mass downloading... well they are limited to 3D/L a day.

People that occasionally give are able to download a little bit more... 5 D/L a day.

People that are very active, that means helping others, posting on a regular base, submitting maps/mods/scripts, server help, etc... These peeps will have a better access to more features on Codutility.

Now if you look closely on the top of the site you'll see settings, yes its where members are setting their account. I'm saying that because most of people coming here never saw that, as soon as they register to go directly.... in the download section. So in the settings, you'll find, in the right column, Paid Subcriptions.

If you don't wish to contribute to the community, community I'm trying to build since 8 years now, well just click there and this will help Codutility in a way.

For a test I'll raise the D/L limit to 5 for a certain time but if I see there is exaggeration, it will go back to 3 and, we never know, lower then that. If you clicked the link above and read the posts I've made you'll understand that I really don't care loosing members that are only takers and keep only active members. Anyway I'm already paying for everything so why having problems with unsatisfied people?

Remember 1 thing, running a site like this is not free and its really taking a lot of times to manage. Some people think they can host files like that on regular hosting service...until they are shut down by those companies for heavy traffic/bandwidth usage.

Thank you.

Capt.

oh and yes... a little reminder. Creating multiple accounts won't help anyone. Since the last 2 days already 165 members have been banned... for life.

Codutility Owner

Follow Codutility ON

Sorry no support by pm

Bronze/Mod Creator HolyMoly will become famous soon enough HolyMoly's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Cool

I think it's a hell of a good idea....................... It's about time the abuse stops!

Registered User AJSB is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I only downloaded *yesterday* *3* files (pezbot waypoints....nothing of big maps) and since yesterday it refuses to download anything saying that i exceeded my limit !

Using "Save As..." doesn't work at all....

Administrator CaptCom is on a distinguished road CaptCom's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Its 24 hours

Codutility Owner

Follow Codutility ON

Sorry no support by pm

Registered User AJSB is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Aaaahhh OK, i tought that would reset at 00:00 hours....

I just read the values about paid subscriptions also, so i redited this post removing question
    Last edited by AJSB; April 5th, 2012 at 14:53.

Registered User andr3u is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Is there any way to remove that limitation

Codutility Supporter/VIP X4A_US_Wannabe will become famous soon enough X4A_US_Wannabe's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes there is...

At the top of the screen, press the 'settings' button.
    Then on the right side, scroll down to 'paid subscriptions'

Works great, give you all that you need and helps CODUtiltiy too. It's a true, "win/win" situation.