Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User Ryan001 is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

CoD2 play default sound

Hi everyone,

when looking through the .iwd files in your main folder, you can find a lot of sound files which exist by default. I've tried playing them through a mod that's running on my server, but nothing happens. Only the following 3 sounds worked:
    iw_05.iwd\sound\Footsteps\land_dirt
    iw_05.iwd\Explosions\artillery_incoming01 (although the name for the sound file i used in the function was "artillery_incoming")

i've also tried playing those but none of them worked although most of them are in the same .iwd file:
    Mortar_dirt03
    mrk_building_big_explod_2b
    mrk_incoming2
    metal_click
    metal_stress02
    MP_defuse
    mrk_breathing_better1
    mrk_german_fall_c2
    mrk_stuka_crash_4m
    dry_fire

i played them using this function:
    level thread PlaySoundOnPlayers(<name>);
    where <name> is one of the file names above, e.g. Mortar_dirt03

does anybody know why only two out of the sound files mentioned worked? do i have to include them somewhere to make them accessible from my mod?

any help is greatly appreciated!

thank you very much.

Regards,

Ryan001

Bronze/Mod Creator HolyMoly will become famous soon enough HolyMoly's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    You cant' just use the sound name.......You have to look into the soundalias and see what the call name is for that sound.

eg: mp_bomb_start_defusing,,misc/MP_plant.wav,1,,na,0.9,1.05,150,2000,,,,,,all_mp

This is from cod4 but it's relevant as well. Notice the stock call name for the sound is differently named.......So simply adding in the
    sound name will not work...........You have to find it in the soundalias file and see how it's called in the game.