Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mapper privateparts is on a distinguished road privateparts's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    ok on further testing it sounds also if you throw a grenade and sounds from that point i think the trigger needs some sort of killtrig in it when you leave the trigger to stop the sound and reset and also the morning sound doesn't retrigger once left and re-entered

Registered User Sammy00400 is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Ah ok. Didnt think about that. So maybe yea I am overthinking things. In short, the sound is not played to everybody just locally once to that player. I assume its supposed to say 'good morning'. So that simplifies things. Let me write something up and get back to you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yea, as a non-mapper this is coming from a different angle since I dont know what can be built into map-only triggers. Just so I am sure. Is this trigger supposed to do, in effect, make an NPC say 'good morning' for everyone to hear at the same time? Or should only that person hear it? Like when he hears the 'airstrike standing by' dialog?

If its an NPC then I figure the flag idea is the way to go with the flag on the trigger. When the sound starts set 'I am talking here'. If that is set, and another person enters, then ignore it. When the sound is finished turn the flag off. Or you can set it so "good morning" can only be played once per minute maximum regardless of people entering or leaving.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    ok so as you the player enters the entrance to the house I only want that player to here it as they pass the trigger the trigger is invisible to anyone its for my hobbit map bilbos entrance and then when the next player enters it they can only hear it so its kind of an individual thing then if they decide to leave the area i want the trigger to stop and then reset. if you could make this possible that would be great. see the idea is that the wait command allows a certain time to wait before then starting the sound again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    i didnt really expl;ain my self so ill quote what you put 'When the sound starts set 'I am talking here'. If that is set, and another person enters, then ignore it. When the sound is finished turn the flag off' but then restes so it can be triggered everytime you step into it withmaybe a ten second pause if you stay on the trigger

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    So in effect the player enters and it triggers one short song clip but only the player that triggered can hear it. However if a second player enters the trigger a few seconds later the song clip plays from the beginning, on a different channel so to speak, and only he can hear that one. So there are actually two clips playing but at different points in the song.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Ok so read around a little. Brodie can say if I am reading this correctly. Trigger multiples can be set so they work only once and not loop every frame in a loop by setting a key (wait key?) to -1. In effect, an on-enter. This will set off the function call in the gsc with the player that did it as a var. Do something. In this case play a local sound to the player. It continues to the top of the loop with the trigger waittill and it should stay there waiting for the next player. Even if this one is still inside of it. Or for this player to leave and come back. When the next player enters and sets it off, with that player as the var, play a local sound to that player and continue to the top of the loop again and wait.

Mapper/Moderator {OSG}Brodie is on a distinguished road {OSG}Brodie's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    yea but that way bud you would need to set the player that enters as an ent and play the sound for the client only instead of on the trigger

triggermultiple can be called multiple times by multiple clients individually threading the tagetname without the client having to call the action.
    so trigger multiple = autothread the targetname

maybe assign a number to each player that enters the trigger so that they only hear it the first time they enter the trigger. so that it would check the player number then not play it if htat player was set to true in the thread. easiest way would be to maybe get the last 8 of the guid once the sound is played on that last 8 set it to true then if the player returns to the trigger thereafter if last 8= true return false

you could also use

playloopsound
    wait
    stoploopsound

obviously that isnt the full script but you get the idea

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    The multithreading is the part I am not sure I get correctly. Does the trigger need an always-on watcher function. Which is the usual. Or can it call a function directly on the player for a "player doThis()" when entered. Everything I have seen suggests it needs a single watcher that reacts to messages and the player that did it. From there its the usual thing. I suppose I need to spend some time learning basic radiant for things like that but never bothered because multiple cannot be created at runtime.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    here is a simple script which does what it says using a script model and trigger.

main()

{
    thread sound();
    }
    sound()
    {

trig = getent("sound_activate","targetname"); //calls the trigger

sound1 = getent("gollum1","targetname"); //a script origin or an actor

trig waittill ("trigger"); //waittill touched

sound1 playsound("gollum"); //tell the origin or actor to play the sound

//beware as the actor will not play the sound through his on voice! Only whatever sound is from the sound file.

somewhere here i guess you need to kill the trigger if a player has left it and then set the script to reset so the trigger can be activated again if a player returns to it.
    }