Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
    Mapper dogface1983 is on a distinguished road dogface1983's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

memory error or linker problem?

crap.jpg

any idea on fixing this, it happens every time i try to build the ff's, even to a test map with only 1 building on it

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    well i have no idea what happened here. but this morning i tried to build my ff's and it went right through like always, i changed nothing within the map, got to love radiant!

Registered User Donovans is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    It may be some command settings

Registered User Sammy00400 is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Do you have Avast? I think that one caused that issue for me in the past. Could be too many xmodels the raw folders.

Mapper/Moderator {OSG}Brodie is on a distinguished road {OSG}Brodie's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    the only time i have had that error was with a model that had to many verts for radiant to draw which crashed radiant when i tried to load the model.
    this also happened once when i updated a model with maya and asset manager after id loaded the model into radiant. but never with an ff build so i would say that you either have to many xmodels or an xmodel has been updated since the last time you built the map.

does hte map still open in radiant ?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    yes it does, the next day I tried the map again (building the ff's) and it went through like grease lightning and no problem since then, NO idea Brodie, radiant pisses me off lol!
    sorry it always opened in radiant but would not build the ff's, but that's the error above that it showed me?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy00400 View Post
    Do you have Avast? I think that one caused that issue for me in the past. Could be too many xmodels the raw folders.
    A what lol... no Sammy, I do have a lot of plants and stuff, sorry I didn't see your post until after I saw Brodie's ( I'm a Noob ) lol! I am deleting a lot of plants
    per a conversation I had with MelVin about vision/seeing around/through the map and some other stuff. It's been hard for me only having done like 5 maps, I've
    worked on a bunch of them but only built 5
    So far it seems since I had this error, after the next day it hasn't come back up yet?

Registered User Sammy00400 is on a distinguished road
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Avast AV

Dont ask me why but when I compile a mod ff I have to disable it for a few minutes or I get that error. I assume I did something wrong somewhere but I could never find it. I think I remember that happened as well when the raws were loaded up with custom models and weapons I wasnt using. Copied over clean models/surfs/parts and then put back only the custom stuff that I needed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    well there is a radio tower that I have never used before, I know there are certain models you can't use, because they were intended for single player maps only to my understanding anyway.
    however the radio tower is still in the map and it is still compiling, one day or compile at a time right.