Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
    Mapper captain_zeep is on a distinguished road captain_zeep's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Custom Texture Issue (downloaded)

Hello all. I recently downloaded some winter textures/decals from CFG and for the life of me cannot get them to show up in radiant! Now I have created my own before using asset_manager but the downloaded textures just will not show up.
    Can someone tell me which folder to put them in as they are already in iwi form ( I put them in raw/images )
    PS - when I download a map with custom textures in it and unpack the IWD can I use those "iwi's" contained in their image folder as well ?

Thanks in advance

'Zeep

Mapper dogface1983 is on a distinguished road dogface1983's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Inside the download that had all the stuff in it, should have had some iwi's, material_properties, materials, xmodel, xmodelparts & xmodelsurfs that need to go in those files so raw/xmodel etc
    also you put all the iwi's into the images folder but you must also add the iwi's into your IWD for the map
    then compile, build the fast file again and they will show up in your map

DF
    Last edited by dogface1983; August 14th, 2015 at 15:06.

Mapper dogface1983 is on a distinguished road dogface1983's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    oh yea, if it was the cod5 winter trees done for the cod4 maps by snyper or maybe crap i can't remember who else, just to let you know, you cannot shoot through them. it's not like the foliage items in cod4

DF

edit: also you still may need to clip some of the things in that file if it is what i am thinking of, so after adding this stuff try to run through it while testing
    Last edited by dogface1983; August 14th, 2015 at 15:09.

Mapper Ieuan is on a distinguished road Ieuan's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Dogface,
    COD4 you will have to place clips around each placed model, the only shortcut is to make them prefabs so that you can place multiple clipped trees on the map.

CODWAW, you can create a collmap (similar to the prefab in COD4, but you only have to clip the model once and save it in collmaps in the raw folder just remember to delete the model after saving (saves on the game engine usage), best thing is unless it is a script model the scale can be changed and in the majority of cases no further clipping is required.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Sorry for late reply.
    Yeah I can use xmodels fine(and I am aware of the clipping issues) and as I said when I create a custom textures they show up in the texture window on radiant... but when I added the IWIs from the download and the ones from within
    mp_summit for cod4s IWD (i was not sure which where xmodels or textures so I added them all) they just will not show in radiant texture window for usage ... you're talking "step 5" dogface and I am talking "step 2" lol
    there are around four "snow_decal_01_x" in there so the name would be easy enough to find in the "show all" window but they just are not there...none of them are... I have restarted radiant a few times but nothing.
    I was wondering do I have to run something to add them such as via asset manager as I do when I actually create my own custom textures.
    Thanks in advance
    'Zeep

Mapper/Moderator {OSG}Brodie is on a distinguished road {OSG}Brodie's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    you shouldnt have to Zeep send me the textures and i will test for you or jump on ts sometime

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Fine now. Had to convert them to dds and convert them myself back to custom...works now
    Thanks