Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
    Mapper rgscriven is on a distinguished road rgscriven's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Error: Exceeded limit of 2400 'image' assets

hi guys before i started putting fx into my map it was running fine then i put 5 fx fire and smoke into map also ran fine.now changed some of the fx to smaller smoke and fire then the famous error comes up [h=1]Error: Exceeded limit of 2400 'image' assets[/h]so anyway i started taking path nodes off and some bushes, and still getting the same error
    mapping is fun but a pain in the butt at times.
    here is a pic of what im using
    Attached Images

Mapper rgscriven is on a distinguished road rgscriven's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    as to this before i added fx i didnt change anything and map worked fine even in the server and i still have a map on the server with the same map with the fx and that works good also.

Administrator MelVin is on a distinguished road MelVin's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    your last post is confusing me a bit, sorry if I miss understand. That said, fx are made of sprites(images) and each will have it's own amount of images used. some counts are higher than other even if the FX is really small( when I'm right at the limit of things I prefer to customize my FX's as I can usually cut the meat out and still have them look great.)so pay attention to what each one is made of. not just count put components as well

So once you add the fx it will add to the total images. Try changing out some of the lesser used textures. For example, if you have 3 kinds of concrete try to use only one. loose any wet textures and try the dry counter parts( this will remove the specular map from the texture in question and save you an image)

This is a best guess but I would think you have a lot of different textures or the mod you are using to test is something that uses a lot of extras like NAMWAW. reducing the texture count should help. hope this helps.

Codutility Admin
    Mapping and Mod Tech.
    Portfolio: http://www.claytondomino.com

Mapper Shermstyle23 is on a distinguished road Shermstyle23's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I got this error too and it was very disappointing to delete the signs I had made for my map.

One way to fix is to use less amount of textures. So use brick_dry everywhere instead of brick_wet and brick_dry.
    To find textures, go to find/replace textures and type in the texture you want to find and you can replace it with another texture. Doesn't always work but it does help. Also, it can make some textures default which means you have to reapply the textures. Someone told me to stay under 200 textures to help prevent this error.

Another way I strategized my textures was to put multiple signs in one texture (1024x1024 to add more). Then just resize the texture to whatever you want using the surface inspector and using fit option. Worked great.

Good luck!