Uploader now fixed, if you have uploaded a map and do not see it in the downloads section please reupload it again, sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you find a broken link, please report it to the Broken Link Forum located HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 134
  1. #1
    Mapper {GITS} The Cleaner is on a distinguished road {GITS} The Cleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    14

    New Call of Duty To Premiere May 1

    The next Call of Duty, highly likely to be Black Ops 2 from Treyarch, will debut on Tuesday, May 1, Activision's confirmed.

    That's according to the redesigned CallofDuty.com, which promises a "world reveal" during the North American basketball playoffs on TV channel TNT.

    Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg has previously said of this year's Call of Duty: "This year we expect to further expand our presence with the launch of an all-new epic first-person shooter title under the Call of Duty brand. From what we've seen to date, the game already looks fantastic and will bring meaningful innovations to the franchise."

    http://callofduty.com/
    {GITS}The Cleaner - Nigel.

    Senior Admin

    G.I.Tactical Squad - {GITS}

    www.gitactical.net

  2. #2
    Mapper paulus95 is on a distinguished road paulus95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Posts
    171
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    10
    An announcement of an announcement... great

  3. #3
    Mapper HarryNutz is on a distinguished road HarryNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    265
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    13
    I think the wording "meaningful innovations" is the funniest thing. The last time CoD saw any "kinda innovation" was when they switched to a "modern" military shooter with MW1. What "innovation" could they be talking about? Since MW1 the game is half of what it use to be in terms of content and map size, plus removal of mapping and modding and now being charged every 3 months for map packs? If thats "innovation"... I dont like it and I don't want it and thats why I refused to buy MW3.

  4. #4
    Mapper Shermstyle23 is on a distinguished road Shermstyle23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    72
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryNutz View Post
    I think the wording "meaningful innovations" is the funniest thing. The last time CoD saw any "kinda innovation" was when they switched to a "modern" military shooter with MW1. What "innovation" could they be talking about? Since MW1 the game is half of what it use to be in terms of content and map size, plus removal of mapping and modding and now being charged every 3 months for map packs? If thats "innovation"... I dont like it and I don't want it and thats why I refused to buy MW3.
    And MW3 was the worst COD multiplayer game I have ever played. Tactical gameplay is completely gone with bunny hoppers, no leaning ability, small maps, no dedicated servers and game modes where you have to be 5 feet from the flag to capture it when you have rpgs, grenades, rockets, nova gas and such being thrown at the flag.

    COD4 and COD5 are in my opinion the greatest COD games as they allow for so much innovation from the players alone in mapping/modding and are made for PC gaming.

    Activision isnt even about gaming anymore, they are completely about making $$$.

  5. #5
    Mapper HarryNutz is on a distinguished road HarryNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    265
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermstyle23 View Post
    And MW3 was the worst COD multiplayer game I have ever played. Tactical gameplay is completely gone with bunny hoppers, no leaning ability, small maps, no dedicated servers and game modes where you have to be 5 feet from the flag to capture it when you have rpgs, grenades, rockets, nova gas and such being thrown at the flag.

    COD4 and COD5 are in my opinion the greatest COD games as they allow for so much innovation from the players alone in mapping/modding and are made for PC gaming.

    Activision isnt even about gaming anymore, they are completely about making $$$.
    Agree 100%...

    I am however hoping BO2 (if thats what it turns out to be), is at minimum just like the BO1. Though BO1 was nothing fancy, it wasn't a complete train wreck and was enjoyable to play for quite a few months, at least until playing the same maps over and over got boring. Any major deviation from the original could end up being the complete demise of my clan, which in a few months of BO1's release we went from 5 players to 130+ and now we are down to only 20 active members.

  6. #6
    Moderator DRUMBUM is on a distinguished road DRUMBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City/L.A.
    Posts
    169
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryNutz View Post
    I think the wording "meaningful innovations" is the funniest thing. The last time CoD saw any "kinda innovation" was when they switched to a "modern" military shooter with MW1. What "innovation" could they be talking about? Since MW1 the game is half of what it use to be in terms of content and map size, plus removal of mapping and modding and now being charged every 3 months for map packs? If thats "innovation"... I dont like it and I don't want it and thats why I refused to buy MW3.
    Innovation does not happen overnight in the gaming industry. In fact if you look back most games that try to innovate- they fail horribly. COD is a popular game for a reason- it has its core gameplay elements and if they were changed it could easily backfire.. that's just my 2 cents without rambling on too much.

    Also lets stay on topic guys, The Cleaner didn't make this post so we could all ironically come on a site devoted to COD and bash it!

    Plus my name will be in the credits on this one so cut me some slack

  7. #7
    Moderator VeeTee is on a distinguished road VeeTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    188
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    10
    The guy above me thinks Halo>CoD.

    That is all. I didn't start the flaming... No I didn't, no I didn't. I mean, err. Interested to see what it will be.
    Certified 100% DrumBum's Idol.

  8. #8
    Mapper Shermstyle23 is on a distinguished road Shermstyle23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    72
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    8
    Just hoping BlackOps2 goes back to a PC version with ranked dedicated servers at the least. I wish we would get mod tools and a mapping kit, but I doubt that ($$$ reasons for Activision).

    And DRUMBUM, I agree that COD has a formula that does great but they have changed so many things that make PC gaming great. From dedicated servers to custom mapping. The game is now just a "Run and Gun" game type, which is fun but gets old quick when you dont incorporate other game styles as well. My belief is that we play fps games since we try to emulate real world combat, but the game has devolved into bunny hopping, chucking grenades anywhere & everywhere, and has gone away from the tactical combat. The game in essence has become an arcade game. Black Ops actually integrated tactics. Now I realize that the young kids like the run and gun style which sells, but the hardcore version should be more realistic and tactical. They did this by having the arcade game style defaulted in MW2 and Black Ops 1 and then being able to play hardcore/tactical by selecting it.

    But for Black Ops 2, I hope we get:
    Ranked dedicated servers
    Mod Tools/Mapping Kit (doubt this one)
    Bigger maps that arent just thrown together like in MW3. Homefront's maps had more creativity in design
    More game modes

  9. #9
    Moderator DRUMBUM is on a distinguished road DRUMBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City/L.A.
    Posts
    169
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermstyle23 View Post
    Just hoping BlackOps2 goes back to a PC version with ranked dedicated servers at the least. I wish we would get mod tools and a mapping kit, but I doubt that ($$$ reasons for Activision).

    And DRUMBUM, I agree that COD has a formula that does great but they have changed so many things that make PC gaming great. From dedicated servers to custom mapping. The game is now just a "Run and Gun" game type, which is fun but gets old quick when you dont incorporate other game styles as well. My belief is that we play fps games since we try to emulate real world combat, but the game has devolved into bunny hopping, chucking grenades anywhere & everywhere, and has gone away from the tactical combat. The game in essence has become an arcade game. Black Ops actually integrated tactics. Now I realize that the young kids like the run and gun style which sells, but the hardcore version should be more realistic and tactical. They did this by having the arcade game style defaulted in MW2 and Black Ops 1 and then being able to play hardcore/tactical by selecting it.

    But for Black Ops 2, I hope we get:
    Ranked dedicated servers
    Mod Tools/Mapping Kit (doubt this one)
    Bigger maps that arent just thrown together like in MW3. Homefront's maps had more creativity in design
    More game modes
    I respect your opinion yet disagree- wont go into it much but mainly that FPS was never meant to emulate real life so if you are playing it for that reason its going to be hard to find any game that suits your interests. I also dont see how the mod tools relates to $$$

    -Drummer out!

  10. #10
    Mapper HarryNutz is on a distinguished road HarryNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    265
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    13
    I think as long as Treyarch sticks with the core aspects from BO1... it will be an ok shooter that will last our clan probably 4 - 6 months before it gets boring and repetitive. Now had they given full fledged mapping and modding for BO1, I can say without a shadow of doubt that my rating of 5 out of 10 would have easily made its way to a 9 - 10. But considering the industries poor ethic in thinking that PCers wont pay for map packs if they released tools and would also hurt them when the next yearly installment comes out because people might decide not to switch over, I cant see tools ever being made available again.

    But personally I think the industry is wrong with their logic... I wouldn't hesitate in buying map packs even if we had tools and why? Because most competent server admins WANT new maps and regardless of the cost... $15 every 3 months for 4 new maps (though a touch pricey), would add value to a server in that there would be new maps to play which sparks a lot of interest because people want something new and fresh. And as for the next installment... regardless of if tools are available or not... you will always have some people who refuse to switch for any number of various reasons.

    Look at CoD5, that title never even came close to seeing its full potential and it HAD tools. A good majority of the CoD community turned their noses up at it because of the WW2 theme, which had been beaten like a dead horse in not only previous CoD titles, but also other non CoD games and people saw the switch to "modern" as something "new and fresh". I would almost bet that if the industry would actually sit down and speak to the core mod and mapping community that they would see that ADDING back the tools would actually make them tons more $$$, because guaranteed you would see a lot of old CoD players make a return.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts