PDA

View Full Version : Sniper range Open warfare 1.4

ChuBBz
January 22nd, 2012, 08:12
Hi all

Does anyone know if its possible to increase the sniper range over 215 meters using this mod?

In the WRM config the max is 215, but with a lot of sniper maps, this is too short.

we have tried everything we can think of and are still scratching our heads?? reducing the range works between 5 - 215, but a lot of these sniper maps are 250+ distances from middle of one side to the middle of the other side, so unless people come down to the front edge of each side, its a bit of a flop.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas
Chubbz

snypir
January 22nd, 2012, 08:45
There is a set of long range sniper rifle weapon files, I'll see if I can track them down.

HolyMoly
January 22nd, 2012, 12:55
;) You need projectile weapons to achieve distances of more than 215. I think there should be a set that comes with that mod. Remember, projectile weapons do not have any penetration through walls and you must have line of sight to kill the enemy!

|[FR]|FOX
January 22nd, 2012, 14:39
I haven't modify snipers (long range and no sway) for OW2 1.4 in public release. I'll made an optional iwd with those modified weapons in next public version of OW 1.4, I can say to you that next version will be in a few ;)

|[FR]|FOX
January 22nd, 2012, 15:38
As Samuel just told me, you can use m21,m40a3 & rem700 from another mod without any problem.

labob
January 22nd, 2012, 17:40
If you go here http://openwarfaremod.com/owforum/downloads.php and download the latest ver of the mod. Then open it up, in the extra folder you will find the SnipersIncreasedDistance folder. In it is a new iwd you just swap out the one you have in your mod for that one. You may also just add one or 2 and keep some stock.

ChuBBz
January 23rd, 2012, 03:55
Thanks for the responses all

Chubbz

Torq53
January 24th, 2012, 15:43
Can you do this in 1.1 mod? we are having the same problems with the sniper rifles.