PDA

View Full Version : Gettin rid of freelook

trooper
January 13th, 2012, 06:46
Can anyone help me to get rid of freelook everytime someone is killed it shows were the shot came from I have tried to disable freelook in the config but it has not made any difference and it is annoying the players on the server as i would like to add some dm sniper maps but it is no good if it shows were sot came from please help it's doing my head in tried searching to no avail and even tried rcon to do it but that does not work either. I am useing the awe mod

snypir
January 13th, 2012, 09:18
I don't have COD1 or UO, so I don't know how much I can help.

what is the variable you are turning on and off? because from what I know "freelook" refers to the spectate type

these two variables:

Killcam setkillcam [0/1] Killcam off (0), on (1)
Freelook scr_freelook [0/1] Freelook off (0), on (1)

Killcam is where it shows who shot you (from the shooters perspective), Freelook has to do with spectating the game.

trooper
January 13th, 2012, 14:01
Yes I have done that

killcam is set to 0
freelook set to 0
spectateenemy set to 0

But still when you are shot the camera angle spins to the direction were you were shot from

snypir
January 13th, 2012, 19:51
I want to say that's just part of the game. I remember that when I was playing COD4 and it did something similar, it may have been implemented to help curb camping, since sniper maps were never part of the stock game play. The thing about sniper maps is that the sides should be far enough apart that you won't be able to see completely where the person is, just the general direction.

I wish I had COD1 to test it for you, but I don't.

trooper
January 14th, 2012, 11:08
ok thanks for the reply

X4A_US_Wannabe
January 14th, 2012, 12:21
Your are putting 'scr_' in front of the variables, and including these in the server.cfg file right?

set scr_killcam "0" // 0=Off 1=On
set scr_freelook "0" // 0=Off 1=On