PDA

View Full Version : MoTM - January 2012

CaptCom
December 16th, 2011, 12:19
This month submitted and most downloaded maps are:

82ndAB Chateau Xmas ( CoD5 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2177

XI Shiro ( CoD5 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2198

Nachtzug ( CoD5 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2219

CITI Hotel ( CoD4 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2210

82AB Chateau Xmas ( CoD4 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2283

Box in a Box ( CoD4 ) http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2261

Banana2077
December 16th, 2011, 12:42
maybe you should start this at the end of the month ;D
But a great idea!

CaptCom
December 22nd, 2011, 12:33
6 days later... 8 votes!!!!

DaWizz
December 22nd, 2011, 13:58
6 days later... 8 votes!!!!

We will just post comments to keep this thread active :)
Common everybody, vote for your favorite map.
Let those map designers know you appreciate their hard works !

VeeTee
December 22nd, 2011, 14:17
It seem's like everyone agrees. :D

CaptCom
December 22nd, 2011, 20:40
Happy to see a little more votes :)

labob
December 22nd, 2011, 22:04
O I think it might get busy. GO shiro :)

|[FR]|FOX
December 23rd, 2011, 03:51
No vote for me, those maps are too "classic" to succed to Slums (a master piece!), that's my feel. Why not had a vote ligne like "no opinion...."?

WarMachine
December 23rd, 2011, 09:55
[FR]Fox, while I do really appreciate your comments about my map, I believe that adding a 'no opinion' option to the polls will highly discourage the mappers. Imagine if the poll has yours or my map in it and at the end of the month, 'no opinion' gets the most votes, wont you be discouraged? I believe that a mapper improves his work with every release and if we dont recognize and encourage them this way, this will stop making it altogether.
Thanks

CaptCom
December 23rd, 2011, 11:08
I agree with WarMachine. This is another way I found to promote mappers/maps.

The main goal of Codutility is not only to provide maps to the community but to give
mappers the best visibility possible. This is why a good readme with a lot of infos is
important when submitting a map. These infos are added to the map description.

What would be nice is to have threads started by members to suggest maps
that, according to them, are good. Then I'll take all the suggestion, make a poll
like this one.

Comments, encouragement, recognition are all important things for a mapper to
continue mapping, to improve himself, to create better and better maps, etc.

All that to say that its UP TO YOU MEMBERS to decide what is the best: Maps
of The Month, contains, forums, etc... If nobody say nothing, I have to decide
myself. I'm always open for suggestions, amelioration, etc.

@ labob... yes lolll I saw that in the votes and in the new registrations... WTG!!!! ;)

DaWizz
December 23rd, 2011, 11:40
The maps shown in this month's MOTH, are based on numbers of downloads.
This doesn't necessarily mean that maps you can vote on , is/are your favorite map(s) from last month.
You can always leave a post with your favorite map(s) from any cod title* (* custom maps).
This way you can also give credit to the mapper(s) and show your appreciation.:)

CaptCom
December 23rd, 2011, 11:49
The maps shown in this month's MOTH, are based on numbers of downloads.
This doesn't necessarily mean that maps you can vote on , is/are your favorite map(s) from last month.
You can always leave a post with your favorite map(s) from any cod title* (* custom maps).
This way you can also give credit to the mapper(s) and show your appreciation.:)

Yes sir :number-one-45:

labob
December 23rd, 2011, 17:31
Another thing about about making maps is people play them. There's nothing that makes a mapper feel good more then a player saying how much they love to play your map. And as a mapper your job does not stop at publishing your map. You now have to get it into all the servers. And there's no better place then COD U to do that so thank you much Capt.com. Now get out there and get votes :)

Merry Christmas all

Labob

BU|D-ToX
December 26th, 2011, 22:41
I can certainly appreciate what you guys are doing with the vote, however i think including both COD4 and WaW maps dilutes the results. I personally do not play WaW. The same might be for those who don't play COD4. It seems the voting is heavily in favor of a WaW map that I just won't have an opportunity to see or play. Maybe there is such a way as to divide the two and in lean months do a "retro vote" to possibly include maps made and submitted prior to the Map of the Month's initiation. Just thoughts. None the less, congrats to those nominated and good luck.

DH|CenTauR
December 27th, 2011, 14:22
I'm no mapper. Haven't a clue; and I have bucket loads of respect for you guys who put all this work in and create some of the stunning battlefields I've played in.

I continually get shot as I gaze in appreciation at custom texture, lighting, ambiance, or just the sheer design idea. It's crap for my KDR. lol

I love this map of the month idea. Capt, as you know, I have just started a new 'Newest maps' section on my site. The d/l link brings the user to the Codutility d/l page for that particular map. There is as full a map description as I can find on Codutility for each, including any xfire vids and screenshots - and I'm also including a 'Codutility map of the month' highlight on the description.

I fully agree with your sentiments on this Capt. and bow un-worthily before the guys who improve our game-play so massively. :bowdown:

I see where D-Tox is coming from with judging maps from different gametypes though. Perhaps there can be a Map of the Month for each gametype?

I love the fact that such recognition is being shown - It's well deserved. As long as we can be clear that ALL the contributions are very much appreciated also.

From a humble Noob - Thx guys :enaccord8: :icon_smile_beerchug

DaWizz
December 28th, 2011, 14:23
Time for some more votes ladies and gentlemen...over 11.000 registered members now...and 30+ votes...
You can do better than that !!! ;)