PDA

View Full Version : Crosshair on bipod MG

itachi123
December 7th, 2011, 08:23
I've seen that theres a way to get rid of the crosshair on a bipod mg ( the T crosshair). However, i don't know how to get rid of it. I've tried editing a few codes in notepad, but they don't seem to work... any idea anyone?

snypir
December 7th, 2011, 13:52
There should be a weapon file for the mg, and in it there will be a setting for a crosshair overlay, I would look there. I suppose removing the line should get rid of it, but I don't know which machine gun you're looking at

paulus95
December 7th, 2011, 16:51
Open up waw>raw>weapons>mp>30cal_bipod_mp (or another weapon file) with notepad. Look for reticleCenterSize and reticleSideSize and put them both to 0 like this: reticleCenterSize\0\reticleSideSize\0
Now put the file in your mod and it should work.

itachi123
December 8th, 2011, 12:11
thanks for the reply, however changing the reticle size to zero only removed the crosshair, but when the mg is mounted, it still have the + crosshair, any idea how i can get rid of that '+' like crosshair

snypir
December 8th, 2011, 13:25
adsOverlayShader\XXX\adsOverlayWidth\0\adsOverlayH eight\0\adsOverlayInterface\none\

I don't know if these fields might be different on your weapon file, but the ADS infers the overlay when aim-down-sight (ADS). Like when you look through a sniper scope this is what is displayed. Mounted guns are always ADS when in use, there is no raise/lower like a normal gun. Where I put XXX is empty on my 30cal_bipod_stand_mp weapon file, not sure about yours. Also make sure your weapon file is where it needs to be, like in your IWD and that the weapon file that the turret calls for is the one you are editing. there are four 30 cal weapon files.

also, where XXX is, you might need to put in "none", it being blank maybe means it loads a default shader? I am not sure.

snypir
December 8th, 2011, 13:51
It would help to know exactly which turret you're working with and which mod if any you're using. From what I remember, a mod can set the ADS crosshair/overlay for guns too.

itachi123
December 10th, 2011, 11:58
HI i'm working with the type 99 and 30 cal both with bipod. I tried what you have suggested but that + still appears on both guns when mounted. replacing XXX with none gives and black and blue screen when i aim down sites. changing reticle sizes etc to zero also dont have any affect, and ive tried that as well for even the bipod_stand version of the file.

paulus95
December 10th, 2011, 13:42
Do you have an all weapon mod so I can test a few things?
Now I only have 3 weapons xD