PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happened

Torq53
December 4th, 2011, 13:19
Hi,
I haven't been here for a few months, and everything seems to have changed. My log-in didn't work, and when I reregistered, it said my username and password weren't in use. I tried to search the maps, and it said I didn't the user rights. What has happened?

CaptCom
December 5th, 2011, 11:01
This is a brand new site.
Some little things still not under control yet.
I do my best to fix the problems as they appear.

As for registration, never do multiple accounts. The security
system will take that as a threat and actions will be taken.

Most active users accounts from the previous site have been
transferred. Only the password need to be reset.

Just need a little comprehension and a little more time.

Those bugs were not there during the 6 months of tests.

Thanks,

Capt.

Torq53
December 5th, 2011, 13:45
Thanks Capt,
My point was it allowed me to use the old log in, stating that it wasn't in use, therefore it didn't exist. However, as you only transferred only the most used accounts, that explains it. Can I still access all the maps?

Regards Rob

CaptCom
December 5th, 2011, 14:29
You are supposed to be able to access everything. You are not on a temp or moderate account.

Maybe a cookies problems?

Vvgamepro
December 6th, 2011, 00:23
Hey, I was going to post the same thing. I've been downloading maps since I got back from Iraq in September, and I believe I've been a member of this site for 2 years. Last week I noticed this error when trying to visit the website: "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." I figured it was down, so I went out of town for the weekend, came back and the site was back, but my account was deleted. What gives?

Torq53
December 6th, 2011, 05:29
Hi, Vvgamepro,

I'm guessing your profile wasn't transferred for some reason. You could do what I did and re-registar again. If it doesn't recognise you, then you will know for sure that you haven't been transferred. Since my first post I can access all areas now.

Regards Rob

CaptCom
December 6th, 2011, 10:06
Many things I tried to transfer things from the old site to this one failed.

So most of things were ( and still ) transferred manually. That means, forums posts,
downloads and of course members. Since Codutility has more then 75,000 members
and that's its a very long process to transfer I had to make a choice. So I transferred
most of the very active members, mappers and mod creators. people that are making
the site alive. If you never post, comment, share anything on the old site,well you
are not an active member and the old account will be transferred some day.

Same for the downloads. All CoD4 and CoD5 maps,mods and other files have been transferred.
I presently adding CoD2 maps everyday, then it will be UO and CoD1.

I just need people to be patient. Codutility is huge and this is a very long process of transfer.

Thanks.

Deek
December 6th, 2011, 14:58
Did you mean for it to be for users who are account holders have access to the following menu bar options? (Home, Forum, Downloads, Blogs, What's New?) Because when you are NOT logged in, you can only see the following. (Forum, What's New?)

Is this a mistake? Doesn't this mean that you have to make an account to download files from the site? Wouldn't that cut down traffic significantly? I understand someone mentioned something similar above, but I just wanted you to be aware of this.

CaptCom
December 6th, 2011, 16:14
There is no mistakes.
Only things to be fixed.
Since I'm working on this site ( since last April ) there were no members logging in.
So the access are the stock ones. They will be fixed shortly.

Doesn't this mean that you have to make an account to download files from the site?

Its was like that on the previous site. Only members can download. Its like that since Codutility exists.

Also has Codutility is receiving a very low support from the community ( except the regulars ) to be
a member is the least someone can do.

Let me explain why...

When someone pm me: " Hey I just started a new clan/server I need to download all your CoD4 maps but I can only
download 3 or 5 maps per day.... "

Does someone needs to download ? 1000 maps for his server?
I don't think.

People are thinking that because we have a huge amount of files, they can take
anything they want and the number of files they want.

Most of the time they have a website and come only to grab our content
to enlarge their own download database.

You must know that Codutility is privately own... by me. Running a site like this is NOT free.
We have no sponsors, no big companies behind us, just my.... wallet.

Even after many posts, special pages, shootbox messages and posts made by regular members/supporters and staff
asking from help from the community ( ?75,000 members ) I still not able to raise $200/ month to help me to pay for
the site fees. Each months I pay from my own pocket. Except few months in the year when we reach the monthly goal.
For that I have only a huge respect for the regular donators/supporters.

Maybe you don't know how a site like that is working. Adding maps here, on FaceBook, on Twitter, optimizing the site,
answering forum posts, answering pms ( ? 100 daily ), answering emails ( ? 250 - 300 daily ), fixing maps for mappers
having problems, working on the Wiki ( I made the new one alone ), etc....

For all these I'm working 12 to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with no salary, no vacations, no holidays.
The only time I was away ( 2 times in 8 years ) it was because I had major health problems.
For all this I take the right to decide who's gonna be authorized to download or not.

To be back on this site, again I did it all alone. I know its not perfect but I'm working really hard on fixing problems but, in the same time,
I have to do all the rest above.

Like I said I just need people to be patient. Roma was not made in 1 day....

VeeTee
December 6th, 2011, 16:49
I have to agree, things take time, and the site will get better and better over time. You can't expect everything to work perfectly right away, it would nice to see everyone participate on the forums and express their opinions and even ideas for the site. It would also be nice to see help from the community, sponsorships from clans/members/advertising companies help greatly. We, as the modding community make all the maps/mods free of charge, every little donation helps Capt. keep the site open and running like everyone enjoys.

Deek
December 7th, 2011, 03:25
I don't expect anything. I was only bringing up a point, to make sure it was aware, as a fix or what not. I haven't been here for a week or so, and since the site just switched over, I didn't think it was a big deal to give feedback of what I've experienced so far. I understand that it takes pure dedication to do things, and run a site like this, we all do things very similar in our own way, in our own lives. You make a Thread Section to post about Feedback and Suggestions but you make it sound like you are aware of all the issues already. How can we know you are already aware? Anyways, You have very good reasons for your decisions.

I give what I can to the site VIA, content. Not everyone is blessed with extra money these days. I'm very patient. We aren't yelling and whining that the site is broken. I think it looks great, much better than before, and much easier to navigate. Just remember, without a Stickied Thread outlining all the Issues and bugs on the Fix list, none of us know if the next problem we pose, you are already aware of or not. Just trying to help.