PDA

View Full Version : MW3 mod tools?

gusgunor
September 2nd, 2011, 09:20
Hey guys is early for now to know if will exist mod tools for mw3,but we must have hopes about that?

Or we will not have mod tools?:?:?

CaptCom
September 2nd, 2011, 09:27
Nothing has been said about this so far but, in my opinion, don't expect mapping tools :(

DRUMBUM
September 2nd, 2011, 10:38
If anything today and tomorrow it would probably be talked about at CODXP, im gonna be leaving shortly to go. If there are any interviews or videos talking about the mod tools I am sure they will turn up on the site within the next 72 hours!

Im gonna be taking pictures and posting them on the site- there is also a live feed of the event on the internet!

-DrumBum

DaWizz
September 2nd, 2011, 10:40
If anything today and tomorrow it would probably be talked about at CODXP, im gonna be leaving shortly to go. If there are any interviews or videos talking about the mod tools I am sure they will turn up on the site within the next 72 hours!

Im gonna be taking pictures and posting them on the site- there is also a live feed of the event on the internet!

-DrumBum

Now I envy you ;) Even if I took plane it it would take a 12 hour flight.
Have fun dude !!!

DaWizz
September 2nd, 2011, 10:43
Even if some tools come out for MW3, they're not going to include radiant, as the capt, said.
Maybe something similar as the modtools BlackOps has now.
Just my thoughts, hope im wrong :)

gusgunor
September 2nd, 2011, 11:58
Never know!
Let's wait!

VeeTee
September 2nd, 2011, 16:19
402 stated that they have been talked about, but it's up in the air.

MelVin
September 2nd, 2011, 20:05
I'm going to have to say I would think they will be released for the next version. Though I have to stress this is just a guess. With the way they have talked MW3, it might be the last one to get something. If the new stats system encourages DLC purchases (think they are free to the paying members) then I could see tools being released. Then there is also the technical side of things, can they get it working etc etc. My fingers are crossed for sure.

{BHC}Max
September 21st, 2011, 13:12
Biggest hint yet from 402 regarding mod tools for mw3 !!!!!

this from twitter

@fourzerotwoRobert Bowling Interview with @MCVonline about our post-launch support plans for #MW3 including how YOUR custom modes will impact it.

@GamerOfFreedomGamerOfFreedom
@fourzerotwo I misread it as "how your custom mods will impact it " damn you Robert :)

@fourzerotwoRobert Bowling
@GamerOfFreedom I hope that one day I can post that tweet too! I'd love to see what you guys could do with MW3. #MW3 #PC

This is a massive hint that mod tools might be available on mw3

BU|D-ToX
September 21st, 2011, 13:26
Sadly, he ultimately has no say in the matter and post launch support/dedis was "talked about" for MW2 as well IIRC. They may strive to bring back the COD4 feeling but only if it doesn't hurt their wallets. Also, the only mention of returning "power to the players" has been in regards to the server files. Don't get me wrong. Having control over my own servers again is a big plus but it's still a far cry from pre-MW2 CODs. The wild card is COD elite and how mod tools/ radiant might fit into it.

We may indeed see tools of some sort but only if they can turn a profit on it....

VeeTee
September 21st, 2011, 13:33
I have faith that we'll get a majority of what we want. :) IW/Treyarch do care about the PC community. Except DrumBum he hates us, but just won't admit it.

{BHC}Max
September 21st, 2011, 13:39
Sadly, he ultimately has no say in the matter and post launch support/dedis was "talked about" for MW2 as well IIRC. They may strive to bring back the COD4 feeling but only if it doesn't hurt their wallets. Also, the only mention of returning "power to the players" has been in regards to the server files. Don't get me wrong. Having control over my own servers again is a big plus but it's still a far cry from pre-MW2 CODs. The wild card is COD elite and how mod tools/ radiant might fit into it.

We may indeed see tools of some sort but only if they can turn a profit on it....

I dont see any reason why their dlc's and mod maps cant work in tandem,
its already in the mindset that dlcs will be released and theat a huge percentage of gamers, pc/ ps3 and xbox, will buy these.
clans especially will want to have the maximum amount of maps running on their servers...
i know im now looking forward to this game with more optimism than i had for mw2 xd..

BU|D-ToX
September 21st, 2011, 13:48
Don't get me wrong. If they release mod tools and radiant, I'll run through the streets bare a55 naked with joy. However, after the last 2 COD releases, I am far from raising my expectations to any great height. Grimm and I had maps caulked and we were ready to port over to Black Ops and counted down the days until release....a big waste of time in the end. Ultimately we returned to COD4 and managed to wrap up Rundown which was actually started before Terminal. To be honest, we're working on a new COD4 project with no worries that we'll be distracted by MW3 tools.

DaWizz
September 21st, 2011, 14:13
To be honest, we're working on a new COD4 project...

Offtopic :

So......Were is the [WIP]?? :mdr2: ;)

CaptCom
September 21st, 2011, 15:11
I don't want to sound mean but remember this:

Quote : Nothing on Dedicated Servers, but there may be some Mod Tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it. Source : Robert Bowling Twitter

Robert Bowling is 402 ( Fourzerotwo ) right?

Is he the one who announced, mod tools for MW2?
Is he the one ( with IW/ACTV ) who dropped PC gamers with no dedicated servers, no mod tools for the first time in the history of CoD?

Is he the one ( with IW/ACTV ) who implemented DLCs? IWNET?

Never trust this guy.

paulus95
September 21st, 2011, 15:16
Don't expect modtools. I was really happy when they said modtools were coming for black ops but I was really dissapointed at the end when they didn't give us radiant.
I think I step over to Red Orchestra or something when I finished some projects for Cod2. Red orchestra 2 has map/mod support and its a cool game. and its PC only.

{BHC}Max
September 21st, 2011, 15:44
I don't want to sound mean but remember this:

Quote : Nothing on Dedicated Servers, but there may be some Mod Tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it. Source : Robert Bowling Twitter

Robert Bowling is 402 ( Fourzerotwo ) right?

Is he the one who announced, mod tools for MW2?
Is he the one ( with IW/ACTV ) who dropped PC gamers with no dedicated servers, no mod tools for the first time in the history of CoD?

Is he the one ( with IW/ACTV ) who implemented DLCs? IWNET?

Never trust this guy.

im hoping they have seen the error of their ways , and are finally trying to rectify what was wrong on mw2 and bo, serverwise.
at least it looks like a step in the right direction,..maybe they will be scared to release full modtools,but if they think it wont affect their dlc sales, then there is absolutly no reason to provide them to us..
as i said earlier, im a wee bit more optomistic than before xD

CaptCom
September 21st, 2011, 15:54
Well I hope I'm wrong but, so far, the history tells me I'm right.

Just imagine, they even gave a new description to the words Mod Tools: Now Mod Tools are only for... modding, not for mapping anymore.

Anyway all that is says BEFORE the game is launched is only TO PRE-SELL more copies of the game. When they have all the billions in their pocket it's another thing.

dundy
September 21st, 2011, 16:56
I don't trust Activision, read again Activision ..so no radiant maybe mod tools

MelVin
September 23rd, 2011, 21:16
I remember saying this months before BO came out, that they would release modding tools but nothing for mapping. Some disagreed saying that modtools and mapping tools are the same thing. Which they are but they can be, and now are separated. Regardless we're at the point were COD will never ever NEED to release tools again. If they do give us a full set of tools with MW3, it would be solely out of respect for the community. That said I am optimistic that they will give radiant with tools, with games like RO2 being released. What choice do they have if they want the modders dollars. I myself being a HUGE COD fan would buy RO2 over MW3 if I could only get one game. The only reason being I LOVE TO MAKE LEVELS/MAPS/WORLDS/ENVIRONMENTS etc etc. Making the next new gametype is something that only interests me if I can make the map to go with it. As for RO2, it's a small game, NOT in it's effort put forth by it's DEV's or by it's community but in regards to the size of it's publisher. This allows them great freedom to make what they want as long as they have the skill and these guys are obviously very talented.

dundy
September 24th, 2011, 04:03
Well with these specs i don,t think many wil map for HoS

System Requirements:
- A really fast quad core machine
- 64 Bit OS and Machine
- 10 Gigs of ram to build some of the larger maps
- A fast video card with lots of ram won't hurt

Think most people need to buy a new combo...:(

VeeTee
September 24th, 2011, 09:56
Those specs seem a bit absurd, I don't think there was much optimization going on. :p You can run CoD4/WaW tools on a modest machine with 2GB of ram, and a single core CPU.

Steve
September 24th, 2011, 12:39
Those specs seem a bit absurd, I don't think there was much optimization going on. :P You can run CoD4/WaW tools on a modest machine with 2GB of ram, and a single core CPU.

Absurd or not those are the specs provided by TripWire. Regardless of what anyone thinks TripWire would not lie about this since they are the ones to know what is needed. It is better that everyone knows what is required rather than coat it in bullshit and say that anyone can use it despite the flavour of their computer.

All this is getting off topic so me thinks we best get back to MW3 tools and the to be or not to be question at hand. :number-one-45:

MelVin
September 24th, 2011, 21:22
Have to agree with VT, they do seem a tad on the high side. As for getting radiant in the next release of cod, only time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed though :)

BU|D-ToX
September 25th, 2011, 02:50
I remember saying this months before BO came out, that they would release modding tools but nothing for mapping. Some disagreed saying that modtools and mapping tools are the same thing. Which they are but they can be, and now are separated. Regardless we're at the point were COD will never ever NEED to release tools again. If they do give us a full set of tools with MW3, it would be solely out of respect for the community. That said I am optimistic that they will give radiant with tools, with games like RO2 being released. What choice do they have if they want the modders dollars. I myself being a HUGE COD fan would buy RO2 over MW3 if I could only get one game. The only reason being I LOVE TO MAKE LEVELS/MAPS/WORLDS/ENVIRONMENTS etc etc. Making the next new gametype is something that only interests me if I can make the map to go with it. As for RO2, it's a small game, NOT in it's effort put forth by it's DEV's or by it's community but in regards to the size of it's publisher. This allows them great freedom to make what they want as long as they have the skill and these guys are obviously very talented.

I have to agree. At first I was hesitant to check out SOF. However, the more I think about it I am going to buy the game. Mainly just to support a PC minded gaming company. There are few left and I can certainly afford to help support them.

Dickymint
September 25th, 2011, 18:30
Well i'm just waiting for a key for the RO2 map tools, I will want to keep the game fresh and support devs that listen to what people want :-), I am pretty shure that mapping for the latest Call Of Dutys is never going to happen as they dont want us to keep playing the old CoD when the new ones comming out :)

MelVin
September 25th, 2011, 22:36
I hear what your saying but I don't think the guys in the studios want to stop anyone from making maps. A lot of them come from backgrounds just like us. They still hire from the community and some of them are active in it. There is a ton of work to be done to release the games on time and tools are not essential to a games release. Then there is the new project. I have no idea when the one ends and the next one begins but tools would have to fall somewhere in there. Point I'm trying to make is that I don't think they sit around plotting, "how can we screw the community over today muhhahaha " or something ridiculous like that lol. I think radiant becomes a victim of circumstance. But what do I know, this is all just speculation. Again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I have no idea which way it will go this time.

VeeTee
September 26th, 2011, 11:50
Time/Expense/Legal reasons. I really don't think DLC effects whether or not we get mod tools. If anything mod tools are a selling point, but is the cost worth the reward? This is the question a corporation/studio has to ask itself.

{BHC}Max
September 26th, 2011, 19:07
Time/Expense/Legal reasons. I really don't think DLC effects whether or not we get mod tools. If anything mod tools are a selling point, but is the cost worth the reward? This is the question a corporation/studio has to ask itself.

maybe if mapmakers can get making maps, iw etc might unearth new talent, coz they've taken modders/mappers from the community in the past, and some of the work being done on cod4 and waw right now, way surpasses some that's been done on cod 2 days( where they've recruited from ).

VeeTee
September 26th, 2011, 20:07

mabye if mapmakers can get making maps, iw etc might unearth new talent, coz theyve taken modders/mappers from the community in the past, and some of the work being done on cod4 and waw right now, way surpasses some thats been done on cod 2 days(where theyve recruited from) ,

Can't agree more, and too add, they are still looking at the community very much so! However, I personally am enjoying no new tools *gasp* VeeTee have you gone insane?!?

Sadly, I haven't. This is how I look at it, before with every release we got modtools within a few months, this led to complaining... "We can't make any good mods because we don't have enough time before a new release..." Now they've given us several years too really stretch our gray matter, but we aren't doing so! Now on my side of things no new tools is a challenge. How can I make this look as good or better than MW2/MW3? Etc.

kraava
September 27th, 2011, 12:51
Now on my side of things no new tools is a challenge. How can I make this look as good or better than MW2/MW3? Etc.

That's right.
There are still much things to be done with MW / WAW tools.

MelVin
September 27th, 2011, 23:02
Sadly, I haven't. This is how I look at it, before with every release we got modtools within a few months, this led to complaining... "We can't make any good mods because we don't have enough time before a new release..." Now they've given us several years too really stretch our gray matter, but we aren't doing so! Now on my side of things no new tools is a challenge. How can I make this look as good or better than MW2/MW3? Etc.

I agree with your point of view for the most part and your attitude towards it:D. I also enjoy working with WaW tools, though I have already done a full conversion mod. And what about the star wars mod among others. I personally think there has been so much done with the tools already. I know there is always more that can be done. I'm still working away but getting new tools stretches the life of BO or MW3. So without making maps the game gets flat. Map packs/DLC are not enough and the double the price of the game.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual to realize what he/she's buying or prepaying for, if it fits what makes you happy then that's awesome. If not, then buying or prepaying for it will just set you up for disappointment.

@ the complaining about getting new tools
I never read any or just don't remember doing so. Nobody is forced to use new tools though. But everybody gets forced to use old ones if they want to work with the COD genre. So personally ( and I hope you'll agree VT), even if I wanted nothing to do with the "new tools" I would still want to see them released for those who do, so those that complained are missing the point IMHO. Again I get were your coming from but their logic seems a bit off to me on this point, because the minute the new cod title drops people migrate regardless of tools. And then there's the rampant cheating when games no longer get properly updated anti-cheat support. The minute MW2 was released the WaW community dropped by more than 50% leaving less people to play or even notice the hard work done by modders and mappers. This is one of the main reasons new tools are essential. Without them, what was once one of the biggest modding communities of mappers, have less and less stuff being released. At least we have CODU right. Anyway, the current tools are starting to become antiquated. This is the main reason I have hope for new tools. They must see as they are recruiting, less and less "new"mappers entering the scene.

At the end of the day there has to be a reason for not getting tools, regardless if it is some sort of technical issue or one of the various reasons people have assumed, it doesn't matter only they will know the reason for sure and only they can do something about it. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

{BHC}Max
September 28th, 2011, 11:58
Robert Bowling: Yeah Galactic Warfare from the Black Monkey guys. I loved that stuff and it's something I want to see for Modern Warfare 3 so it's a possibility. Again it's one of those things that we can't start working on until the full game's finished, you know? But it's something that we want to do.

does this mean they want to give us full mod tools ?

BU|D-ToX
September 28th, 2011, 12:30
I've seen mod tools mentioned as "discussion" but really what we need are the mod tools of old that included Radiant. With Black Ops we got the separation of Tools and Radiant. They became 2 different entities of their own. With out radiant, even mods will become stale after a while and communities like CODU will basically be left swinging in the breeze. Imagine the Star Wars mod on only stock maps...it instantly becomes only half as intriguing. Unless Radiant is mentioned as being part of Mod Tools I just don't see it having a ton of impact. I think as a whole, the modding/mapping community is starved for new content and will bite at almost anything.

Gytis-JDM
February 27th, 2012, 13:07
Actually i hope they will upload mod tools. But remmember they want our money. If they give map editor, many players won't buy dlc's, because there will be many custom maps..

HarryNutz
February 27th, 2012, 13:33
IW or Trey using the excuse that people wont buy dlc if they released tools is bs. If anything... I think they have lost more players since they stopped releasing tools, though I'm sure their wallets don't show the effect. Our entire clan use to be loyal CoD fans, myself included... and I may have been naive enough buy MW2 and played it for 1 1/2 weeks.. and then stupid enough to buy BO... which did hold my interest for 3 months... but with MW3... I didnt bother buying it or even think about buying it and I have no interest in another title ever... unless they start treating the PC community with the respect we deserve, which includes tools... if not for the modding and mapping community... CoD would be some bargain bin game.

HolyMoly
February 27th, 2012, 13:42
Well, the Black Ops Mod tools they can wipe their :censored-232335: with because they are incomplete as well as there is no way to deal with the sound. I've beat my head against the wall with those tools for some time now and can only get so far with them. Not to mention if you have the mod tools installed you cannot connect to any other modded server.

Do I think there will be MW3 mod tools...................... NOT! Do they care, NOT! PC platform is only there to get ideas for their newest version of COD. If anyone has seen the MW3 gsc rip from the consoles, you can see all the coding has changed and looks damn familiar to our mods in COD4 and WAW. Our last hurrah was WAW and that's the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately!

:lis-ceci-795:..................................:nono: