PDA

View Full Version : Help me with actor (SP)

ArtSerjGaming
January 16th, 2017, 14:06
Tell me, please.

for example,
we have actor "Cpl. Jackson" (standing beside the player on moment starting the map) and when the map started then we need "Cpl. Jackson" run to another place "location_buker" after 6 seconds after started the map.
Next when this "Cpl. Jackson" get the "location_buker" he is actor (model) do hided or delete.. I don't know how correct this do it?

Anybody know, how this make it? Help me

simple showing, how to do this, please

---------------------------------------------
with respect,
Sergei

MelVin
January 17th, 2017, 05:44
it's been some time since I setup SP map, I think you need to use pathnodes to tell the player were to go, and there are different stances available. Not 100% sure, but there should be source files that came with the tools showing how they setup the sp stuff.

ArtSerjGaming
January 17th, 2017, 14:27
hi!
but what i should write in code )
i a few don't understand
for node assign a name? or how?

MelVin
January 17th, 2017, 19:47
I don't think you need code, you use reular pathnode for movement and pathnode_concealment to stop, crouch, etc

ArtSerjGaming
January 19th, 2017, 11:01
dont understand. its need that actors get the location after ended time (example 5-6 second).
maybe > getNode = ("location1" , targetname ); //named for pathNode

and next.... :(

ArtSerjGaming
January 19th, 2017, 11:03
Or maybe this should working script_struct only as a end path and he is a ... guy.delete();
or not?

and Hi! ))

MelVin
January 20th, 2017, 03:12
they are directed by the nodes, you do not need to code. If my memory is correct, you can use triggers to move them to the nodes. I will try and find the source for the SP stuff I did.

ArtSerjGaming
January 20th, 2017, 16:43
thanks. i wait this example )

mini0013xx
January 30th, 2017, 03:43
For moving soldiers from one location to another, you will use color grounds.

Select your ai, press SHIFT + G on your keyboard. Select which side your team is on, and a color and select it. Deselect your ai.

Now select your trigger, then select your nodes. Press SHIFT + G again. Select the same color as you did with your ai and apply them to the trigger. Your ai should move to the nodes, rinse, later, repeat.

As for what you are asking, here is a small selection of code. It is untested, almost determined to fail, but it will set you in the right direction.

timermove(){
guys = getentarray("allies", "targetname");
node = getnodearray("area1", "targetname");
node2 = getnodearray("area2", "targetname");

guys.target = node;

wait(6);

guys.target = node2;
}

Tinker with it. Hopefully if puts you in the right direction.

ArtSerjGaming
February 1st, 2017, 12:55
For moving soldiers from one location to another, you will use color grounds.
Select your ai, press SHIFT + G on your keyboard. Select which side your team is on, and a color and select it.
Deselect your ai.
Now select your trigger, then select your nodes. Press SHIFT + G again.
Select the same color as you did with your ai and apply them to the trigger. Your ai should move to the nodes, rinse, later, repeat.
- hi! ) ok. thanks. this is moment already i know) even this option "color script" i testing in CoD2))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHsptEnKYk

As for what you are asking, here is a small selection of code. It is untested, almost determined to fail, but it will set you in the right direction.
Tinker with it. Hopefully if puts you in the right direction.
- for this, ok! thans again. soon i try this.

ArtSerjGaming
February 1st, 2017, 12:59
but only test for CoD2 has a funny moment with animation one ally )) :D
but it's not from color group system, It's bug animation only )