PDA

View Full Version : BO3 modtool stops working

cinnober
October 9th, 2016, 12:42
Iīve bought and installed BO3 with modtools for the first time. Iīm able to run the game and open modtool launcher/Radiant.

But when I wanna try compile a template map (New map -> select ZM MOD LEVEL from dropdown and type in zm_mapname), I get the message "Modtools has stopped working..windows will search for a solution"
I have the top 3 boxes checked.
It starts compiling and several boxes with text etc. pops up,but suddenly it stops with the above message.

Also I donīt know what will be written in console windows if the compile is succesfull if you only check one box at a time.

Help !! :-\ :-\

PS. Windows freshly installed and updates also graphics driver (Geforce 680GTX)

MelVin
October 9th, 2016, 17:48
I'll put up a full compile tutorial tonight, could you please post your system specs and we can go from there.

cinnober
October 10th, 2016, 00:22
I'll put up a full compile tutorial tonight, could you please post your system specs and we can go from there.

Thanks a lot :)

My pc spec is roughly Intel Q6600 2.33 ghz Quadcore,8mb DDR2 ram and Geforce 680GTX running Win7. Can play GTA5 ofcourse not in high settings,but still playable. I had a Intel E8400 before but GTA5 didnīt run well with that. After upgrading to the Q6600 it ran much more better.

cinnober
October 10th, 2016, 00:24
Thanks a lot :)

My pc spec is roughly Intel Q6600 2.33 ghz Quadcore,8mb DDR2 ram and Geforce 680GTX running Win7. Can play GTA5 ofcourse not in high settings,but still playable. I had a Intel E8400 before but GTA5 didnīt run well with that. After upgrading to the Q6600 it ran much more better.
Sorry cpu is running at 2.4 ghz

MelVin
October 10th, 2016, 02:43
memory could be the issue, 8 gigs is on the low side for the tools, but I'll get that video up asap. still finishing some work atm. but I'll get it before i head out:) We can see from there.

cinnober
October 10th, 2016, 04:32
Thanks really appreciate it :)

MelVin
October 10th, 2016, 06:45
no problem. I posted the tutorial in the Black Ops 3 tutorial section :)

cinnober
October 10th, 2016, 11:59
no problem. I posted the tutorial in the Black Ops 3 tutorial section :)

Thanks a lot that was really helpfull :D

Iīve narrowed it down to be a light compile problem.
I have ofcourse disabled all background programs except Steam ;)
When I press the "LIGHTNING" button in Radiant it crashes with the "Radiant_modtool has stopped working.Windows will blablabla".
If I just open Launcher and select map and ONLY check the LIGHT box and select LOW,then it also crashes when I hit BUILD button. It donīt crash right away but when something about SUNBAKE?? is displayed in the coloured box that shows up.

So it has to do something with the light compiling.

MelVin
October 10th, 2016, 18:47
make sure your video card drivers are upto date. and try again, make a note of the exact error so I can try and identify what the problem is. But before you compile make sure you have all the needed volumes. to do this, just create a new template map and compare the two. I thinkk the sun volume and a reflection probe are manditory for the maps too, so make sure you still have at least one reflection probe and only one sun_volume.

cinnober
October 11th, 2016, 00:27
Yeah I decided to format/reinstall Win7 just to be sure itīs not related to windows,so the videocard drivers will be fresh when trying again.
Is there a certain way for starting / setup the modtools for the first time after eg. format etc .?
I remember in WaW Radiant that the CONVERT button had to be pressed before starting making maps etc.in order "unpack" a lot of stuff

So far I have only tested compiling with template map(s) but Iīll check if there is missing or multiple sun_volume.

Is sun_volume like a zone_volume or what ??
Canīt remember anything about sun_volume from WaW Radiant,but again itīs been a couple of years since i made maps in WaW Radiant,so my memory could be wrong.

MelVin
October 12th, 2016, 18:11
Try opennin the Giant in the editor tool before you start making your map. that will convert alot of stuff for use. I don't think this is needed anymore but it doesn't hurt. From there just follow the tutorial from #1 and you should be fine.

cinnober
October 13th, 2016, 00:26
I actually got a breakthrough from another forum. It seems that the light compiling uses the SSE4 cpu instructions,which my old Intel Q6600 donīt support. There was a tutorial to download some files and run Launcher thru that and that did actually made the light compile finish :)
But I still have to test all compiling before I can claim it as a succes. The program used makes it slower regarding compiling.

MelVin
October 13th, 2016, 06:36
great stuff:)