PDA

View Full Version : Mapping & Modding Utilities/Software

Deek
May 17th, 2015, 23:41
Hey everyone, I was thinking about making some software to aid in the mapping and modding process. I created a few programs in the past for it, one of which I haven't released yet that basically allows you to record any sound, say, from a web page, to wave file. Has a playback feature. You can record using any Recording device on your PC, like Mic or Stereo mix. If anyone is interested in it, just let me know and I'll pop a download link. There is no install for it, just a standalone .exe with a .dll. You can just slap the Program folder somewhere and create a shortcut to it. It's called Wave Audio Ripper and looks like this:
I understand you can record using other means, but this simplified it for me. The post production for the wav/conversion to .mp3 if needed can be done elsewhere. I just needed a simple way to record wave files from my stereo mix, which I could work with later. I'm sure there are bugs with it. So far though I haven't found any on my end.

I also Collaborated with someone else and created Mappers Delight, which some of you may have used. I won't go through all the features but you can see there are plenty. I'm pretty sure this works for WAW too, only I'm not entirely sure about the xmodel viewer. Never tried it for WAW. I think FPSUtility has this in the downloads section. Right now, there is only one version for it. Never updated it, because, it just, worked as intended.

My skills in programming are Novice, but I'm learning. So, with that, I'm willing to take some semi-simple ideas on projects that someone might need personally or could use as a whole for the community. I'm not really good with integrating software with the game, but maybe only game files. I'm not really sure, but I'm willing to give it a try. If I can't do it, I'll let you know if it's out of my league or not.

hulka
May 18th, 2015, 09:43
Hmmm, cool. Is mappers delight just for backing up all your map files?
And if you get to a point and need something tested for w@w I'll be happy to help.

I would love a utility that makes soundalias' for you. Also one for fx would be cool.

Deek
May 18th, 2015, 15:13
Yeah, you just hit the check boxes of the files you want backed up, and it copies them to the specified backup folders you set up prior. Aside from the xmodel viewer, that's pretty much what it does in just a few clicks. You can get it from here: http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=699

(http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=699)A tool that creates a soundalias and or fx, hnm. Creates it based on what exactly? I thought there was already a tool to create the FX on the fly. I swear I've seen that somewhere already. Maybe I can dig that up if I can find it. I'm not really sure what you mean by, "makes a soundalias for you". You'll have to let me know what you mean by that. :)

I did find this, not sure if it helps with your FX though. Never have used it. It's a CoD4/WaW In-Game FX Utility http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4237.0

(http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4237.0)Not sure if you have to sign up to get that or if you can find it somewhere else.

Deek
May 19th, 2015, 19:50
So I just cooked up this little utility this afternoon. I wanted to make a standalone .exe, which should work for many different kinds of games. Should be able to view Xmodels without a problem. Just go in the Docs folder and select the "model_pics" folder (COD 4/ WAW).

- You can select the type of image files you want to search.
- There are two different source folders you can go back and forth, can use for different games.
- When you search, it will trim the file extension off so you can copy the filename with button and paste it right into Radiant. Crtl + C works too in the list.
- Right now the form can be resized, in case someone has a problem seeing images.
- The paths will be saved in the same folder where the .exe sits. I suggest using a folder to house the .exe and create a shortcut.

That's pretty much it. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post a temp link. Known bugs? None so far. Not enough testing.

dundy
May 26th, 2015, 05:56
Thanks for youre hard work !!
I,am sure lot,s of people will find this usefull.:champion-1er: