PDA

View Full Version : s+d bombtrigger where does it go please what does it do

XtCMrSly
February 22nd, 2015, 13:52
adding the mp_gamtypes and not quiote sure where im supposed to put the sd_bombtriiger.map
partly because im not sure of its function within game
it says put it out of play doers that mean out of the playable area of map or just away from the spawns or objective,
so far im assuming its the explosion script activater. also are there any k/v im supposed to add to the nuke_a and nuke_b ext as with domination gametype

dogface1983
February 22nd, 2015, 19:05
place it in the upper left hand corner of your map, out to the edges of your skybox or up high (like tree top level) within the playable area of your map you know? without it you cannot play the SD game type. and add all the game types you can to your maps if want them to be successful, the more the better and the higher download rate you will have. if you only add 2 or 3 game types your maps won't get much action.

XtCMrSly
February 22nd, 2015, 20:47
thanks dogface

dogface1983
February 23rd, 2015, 15:16
yes sir :cheers:

grissim
February 27th, 2015, 09:58
Im just wondering what I missed or if this was needed in earlier versions of the tools. I setup sd gametype with attackers spawns defenders spawn in a place where they cant shoot each other from spawn. I put the bomb right behind the attackers spawn(so the carrier doesn't lead with the bomb or a player doesn't pick it up by mistake).
Then I place bomb zone A and bomb zone B on the map.They need to go in good places most of the time one inside and one outside.Defenders need time to set up defense and attackers need a good path to the obj with cover and cover after a plant.
But ive haven't placed a sd_bombtriiger.map as described I thought it was a example for building a custom bomb zone and what you would need.I don't know for sure all I can say is I havnt had trouble running sd gamtype without it.

dogface1983
March 1st, 2015, 17:12
well most likely it could cause problems in servers trying to run your map would be my idea, it takes 2 seconds to place it in your map with no future problems or re-uploading to be done because of NO OFFENSE being a lazy ass and not putting it in to begin with. I do what what all the people before me have done and so far I don't have problems with the things I have worked on or made myself.

grissim
March 2nd, 2015, 08:22
ok ill try it.just to be clear you place a sd_bombtrigger.map in the playable area about 120 units above the terrain right?
The tuts I've followed haven't said to do this is the reason I have never done this its not the matter of the work.Making destruction now that's work.

dogface1983
March 2nd, 2015, 15:56
according to the wiki it is placed in the upper left hand corner of the map and that is just for consistency sake. i don't think it really matters where you place it as long as it is put in the map. i do cod4 mapping but from what I understand they the same or very close to the same thing when it comes to game types and most everything else too. here is a link to the cod5 section of the wiki, it is a GREAT place for some information i hope this helps you guys and clears some things up when you need it.

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Adding_Gametypes