PDA

View Full Version : Come work for Treyarch!

WarMachine
January 11th, 2015, 03:27
Hello fellow level designers! Interested in working for Treyarch? The studio is looking for designers of all levels. If youre interested, shoot me a message.

Deek
January 11th, 2015, 18:22
Perhaps they should reply to those whom have already applied and spent months in the hire process, without a phone call back, or even a simple, "We appreciate your time, but you aren't what we are looking for." Dead silence air is not good for business and rather, in my opinion, inconsiderate, rude and unprofessional.

WarMachine
January 12th, 2015, 02:33
Yes it is harsh, but thats how it goes. They simply do not have the time to reply everyone individually because of the sheer number of applications they receive each day.
That being said, I am here to speed up the process if anyone is interested.

dundy
January 12th, 2015, 04:10
If i was 20e year younger i would try but i,am to old i think to apply....

Ieuan
January 12th, 2015, 08:41
I love level design, but like Dundy I am probably too old for Treyarch...unless they are into 54 year old men who has advanced Radiant, Maya, Photoshop skills....doubt it though:(

Icey
January 12th, 2015, 13:18
why they post it on a merely dead site? maybe post it on a site thats housing the active mappers that are left like mappersunited.
but then again, would u wanna work for a company that fuked us over with no more mapping/moddingtools....

WarMachine
January 13th, 2015, 01:01
To Dundy and Ieuan: Age is no restriction :D They wouldve mentioned that in the requirements :D If your work is good and youre interested, you should apply.
To Icey: I posted here because codutility is like a home to me. Started here the first time few years and people like Cpt. and Melvin helped me a ton.

Deek
January 13th, 2015, 03:02
Yes it is harsh, but thats how it goes. They simply do not have the time to reply everyone individually because of the sheer number of applications they receive each day.

My point is, I had an interview with your lead level designer. This is after the two months I spent in the interview process. The last thing he said to me was, "I'll keep in touch". It's been nearly three months, not so much as an email or a phone call. To me, that is severely unprofessional. When you spend time with applicants and get to know them, at the VERY least you can do, is tell them, "You aren't what we are looking for" or "Give us some time to look over other applicants". Instead of making them sit, wait and wonder. You can say all day that, "Well, I should call them back to let them know I'm interested, or even still interested. I spent months in the hire process, YOU know I'm interested! The worst part about it though was that, I had nearly no recognition for the work I had previously done (mapping and modding). It was all geared towards some hidden agenda that I was made completely unaware of. Just blows my mind. Maybe the simple fact is that I'm a terrible mapper. Yeah, I guess so! Haha! Man, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Icey
January 13th, 2015, 06:51
why they post it on a merely dead site? maybe post it on a site thats housing the active mappers that are left like mappersunited.
but then again, would u wanna work for a company that fuked us over with no more mapping/moddingtools....

fair point, also hurts me to see codutility dead like this, really hope it will come back at some point.

Icey
January 13th, 2015, 06:51
My point is, I had an interview with your lead level designer. This is after the two months I spent in the interview process. The last thing he said to me was, "I'll keep in touch". It's been nearly three months, not so much as an email or a phone call. To me, that is severely unprofessional. When you spend time with applicants and get to know them, at the VERY least you can do, is tell them, "You aren't what we are looking for" or "Give us some time to look over other applicants". Instead of making them sit, wait and wonder. You can say all day that, "Well, I should call them back to let them know I'm interested, or even still interested. I spent months in the hire process, YOU know I'm interested! The worst part about it though was that, I had nearly no recognition for the work I had previously done (mapping and modding). It was all geared towards some hidden agenda that I was made completely unaware of. Just blows my mind. Maybe the simple fact is that I'm a terrible mapper. Yeah, I guess so! Haha! Man, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

fair point, also hurts me to see codutility dead like this, really hope it will come back at some point.

dundy
January 13th, 2015, 07:18

Welcome to my world...

I,am out of a job for a longtime and have send tons of job applications to tons of companies...your lucky if you get any response at all....:lis-ceci-795:

That is the world today:censored-232335:

Deek
January 13th, 2015, 19:13
Welcome to my world...

I,am out of a job for a longtime and have send tons of job applications to tons of companies...your lucky if you get any response at all....:lis-ceci-795:

That is the world today:censored-232335:

Yeah, I hear yah. Here is the funny thing though about the statement posted earlier as a reply/answer.

The text in bold there. Think about this for a minute. If you are a company. You post on a job board/forum on some random website saying, yes apply, but you get so many that they can't handle the flow because there is simply too many. Then let me tell you, "You're doing it wrong". If I was in charge of hiring new level designers, I wouldn't send out a mass text saying, everyone interested, apply! Instead of wasting what little, precious time you have in finding who you want, use that time, spend an hour a day and look at level designers out there. I mean, sit down and look at their work. It isn't hard. It's internet 101. When you find one you like, call them, email them, and ask them if they would like to work for you. Cut out all the idiots like me who waste your time applying and just go find who you want. Look at all the successful businesses out there, for example, Sports (NFL, MLB). They don't accept applications, they actually go out and recruit who they want. They skip all the crap and go get who they want. This is the most sure way you get the talent you can build on. Talent is grown, it is rarely found raw.

If you don't have the employees to spend an hour a day to find the talent you want, hire one, or two, just for that. It would also mean that your current staff is underpaid and overworked. It's just funny to me that this is how business is run these days. Sad really. This goes for any profession. These companies out there should be begging us to work for them, and not the other way around. Without us, they got nothing. Absolutely, nothing. There is so much wasted talent out there in all professions because people are never given the chance, simply because of protocol and money.

My point here is, if you don't have the time to reply to everyone, then don't open yourself up to such an overwhelming number of applications that you know for certain you cannot handle. Save yourself time, money and idiots like myself from your filters and just go find the talent you want, internally.

MelVin
January 14th, 2015, 03:28
@ Deek
I know the experience of waiting and wondering better than most, but you must try and put yourself in the other shoes. They must find the most talented people possible if they want to make the best product possible. Just because you did not get a email back doesn't mean your skills are not up to par. There are so many factors that go into the hiring process. In my experience with Activision recruiters they have polite and very professional. I must also say they do actively recruit. I have been contacted by different recruiters without applying and have some as contacts. If I want to talk to them they respond to emails. My suggestion, if you really want it contact whomever you spent time talking with, ask them what you can do to improve your chances. They will answer most likely.

Like you or I they got into game design for the same reason. I can say from personal experience things get so crazy when your working on a commercial product. Mods like NAMWAW just don't compare. So for someone to forget to email someone they have talked to in a recruitment process is understandable as terrible as that might sound. I know it sucks to be the one that is siting and waiting, My game just got greenlit on Steam, they do not tell you what the criteria is so I had no idea if or when it would happen until it did. Point I'm trying to make is, you are in control of your destiny(corny I know) but touch base again and work the problem until your irresistible to the studio you want to work for.

Deek
January 14th, 2015, 14:12
@MelVin

Fortunately, life goes on. I stopped waiting a while ago and I already moved on. Unfortunately if they do decide to contact me, I will decline, as I've already found something else I enjoy just as much, if not more. It helps to have other degrees in other crafts. For me, jobs aren't about the money. They are about the passion, the art and self expression, the freedom to express freely. I was willing to give that to the studio. I just saw the post about applying to the studio and it made me laugh a little. You can see why. To those trying or wanting to apply to the studio, best of luck to you.

HolyMoly
January 18th, 2015, 01:15
Kinda funny when you see the scripting in these new games and low and behold.....Hey that's my stuff! They must have lost my cheque in the mail! LoL

XtCMrSly
May 25th, 2015, 20:12
Lol holymoly