PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1

pcgogomerpyle
September 29th, 2014, 12:51
I've tested the waters for using CODUO in windows 8.1 and have an issue with the Editor. I created a partition on my c: giving the second drive d:. I did this so I could continue using windows 7 along with trying windows 8.1. My problem is two fold but I believe related. First, in windows 7 I have the game and editor loaded in my e: drive, but windows 8.1 says it's in my d: drive and looks there for the textures. So I went into the editor and changed the location for textures maps, etc., to the d: drive and everything works fine. That is until I try to compile. The first two stages work fine but the flare doesn't saying it can't find the cfg file. I'm scratching my head on this one but I'm sure it's somehow related to the way the two OS are looking at my drives. Maybe it will work okay if I just updated to 8.1 without 7 but I'm not quite sure about that yet.

Anyone else having issues like this?:cheers:

pcgogomerpyle
October 2nd, 2014, 11:04
I believe I figured out what my problem is, let me know if this makes sense to anyone. When I installed windows 8.1 as a dual boot on my windows 7 computer, I partitioned my C drive which created D drive. I installed 8.1 on D drive so when 8.1 starts it must believe it's C drive, there is no windows 7 and therefore E drive which contains all my mapping stuff really is D drive. At least that's what I think happened.

So I guess that means that, at least as far as mapping goes, I can't use windows 8.1, in a dual boot that is. I don't know how to install a dual boot any other way.

Anybody have a better explanation?:confused: