PDA

View Full Version : mapping for codwaw...

arbopa
September 1st, 2014, 12:30
I have a map I made for cod4 that I want to put in cod5... so I did what I needed and got the map loaded in the cod5 modtools/radiant ... of course textures are missing, but that is ok as I think cod5 has better textures. but in learning the mod tools, I created a new map 'mp_test' which creates a mp map with all the needed spawns and such in it.

I compiled and ran, and get the error "exceeded limit of 1 "game_map_mp" asset ... so being new to cod5 mapping, wondering what is going on. Googled and didn't find much of anything.

Thanks.

Shermstyle23
November 8th, 2014, 08:28
bump... good luck. hope to see your map

arbopa
November 13th, 2014, 01:48
Unfortunately I have never found an answer to the question, thus have never been able to fix it … so no WAW maps from me.

Icey
November 13th, 2014, 06:20
Unfortunately I have never found an answer to the question, thus have never been able to fix it … so no WAW maps from me.

did u add all in like global intermission , skybox etc ?

Ieuan
November 13th, 2014, 08:55
This might seem a little bit silly, but are there any single player mp entities in the map at all. It could cause an issue, I have ported maps from codwaw to cod4 and cod4 to codwaw with no real issues....so this is a little bit of a mistery.

arbopa
November 16th, 2014, 01:46
Deleting the game, then reloading everything seemed to fix it... I still get some error at the end of compile about not having access to an images.iwd or some such, but it all seems to work anyway.

Shermstyle23
November 16th, 2014, 17:57
Did you put any custom iwi files on your map into an iwd file and then place them from the COD4 directory to your map folder(your folder [mp_yourmapname]) for COD5?

Or maybe it is that COD4 has different textures that are not in COD5 Radiant and will treat them as custom textures.

Hope this helps!

Ieuan
November 17th, 2014, 16:14
You can use the same textures if you use the cod map packer which Tom created, works really well....

arbopa
November 22nd, 2014, 14:53
Thanks, no, did not use any custom textures at all, yet. But it all is working now, no matter the warning given...