PDA

View Full Version : Looking to team up for a few maps with other mappers.

{BHF}Dirk
July 7th, 2014, 01:46
Hey Capt. Great to see the site back up!! I felt lost for so long . . . lol Anyways, looking to get back into the mapping scene kinda full time. Have been working on some side projects along the way, but looking to team up with a few mappers to work on some co-op projects. Looking for experienced mappers, not that novice is bad just don't feel like teaching as we go along. I am looking into hosting a VDS to map test with an FTP to share files. I already have a TS3 server for convos and mapping. I also stream my mapping at www.twitch.tv/dirkdangles which helps in the process. Hit me up on this thread or PM me on the site if you are interested! Looking forward to hearing from you all! I can easily work in both COD4 and WAW.

Side note - I have a guy that is a coder very interested in WAW and writing some interesting mods for it. I run a FreezeTag mod that he has written. His name is AbneyPark and had a hand in the OW mod with the snipers. Cheers

Dirk

aiir
July 15th, 2014, 10:11
wow, looks awesome.

not a mapper but the idea you have is amazing, can't wait to see what you guys build.

any cod2 maps? ;) :D

dundy
July 15th, 2014, 18:37
Sounds great :enaccord8:

But wish you well with finding a team of mappers.

There ain,t many experienced mappers left...as in ''the old days ''

{BHF}Dirk
July 15th, 2014, 19:14
Thanks aiir! Yeah Dundy...by the response here I can see that! lol Oh well..not all good things can last I suppose

Shermstyle23
July 16th, 2014, 03:10
Yeah, sorry. Just finished my first World at War map and still learning. Hope more mappers come back and newer mappers take up the hobby.

Good luck in your quest!

{BHF}Dirk
July 16th, 2014, 15:32
^^^^^ true that! Keep at the mapping then sir . . .we need to build the community again!

CaptCom
July 16th, 2014, 17:29
I'm interested in participation with other mappers. ;)

Cornrow_Wallace
July 16th, 2014, 19:09
I'm curious. I can contribute a little, if needed.

privateparts
July 17th, 2014, 04:53
i can make prefabs and stuff like that if you want but i only map for cod 4 i also have a load of scripts for rotaion and effects and sounds as well as moving and now im working on trigger sounds at the mo

{BHF}Dirk
July 21st, 2014, 03:29
alright boys. Let's make this happen!! Let's formulate a map idea or a few map ideas and get running!! Not sure who runs what voice chat, but I have TS3. 216.52.148.11:14050 PW is nodrama We can start running map ideas and I will setup an dedi server to upload map on a test server. Hit me up on here via PM and we can get started! Very excited to see what we can do. Anyone wanna pick a group name for the maps? Cause I know everyone is going to want to run them on their server!! :bravo:

{BHF}Dirk
July 23rd, 2014, 03:57
So was chatting with a friend about some map ideas. I know at this point it is hard to come up with a whole lot original! lol But thought an urban map might be nice for starters. Kind of a skid row / part of toen you wouldn't want to be caught in late at night kind of deal. Pretty broken down with lots of alleys and parks. Not looking to make it big, but here is my stream as I was blocking out the city grids. Just a start to give you an idea. Cheers.

http://www.twitch.tv/dirkdangles/b/550326285

dogface1983
August 7th, 2014, 15:07
I'm interested in participation with other mappers. ;)

I could lend a hand, I'm not a pro but I'm pretty damn good!

Just put capt and I on the load screen and sit back jack :number-one-45:

dogface1983
August 7th, 2014, 15:17
So was chatting with a friend about some map ideas. I know at this point it is hard to come up with a whole lot original! lol But thought an urban map might be nice for starters. Kind of a skid row / part of toen you wouldn't want to be caught in late at night kind of deal. Pretty broken down with lots of alleys and parks. Not looking to make it big, but here is my stream as I was blocking out the city grids. Just a start to give you an idea. Cheers.

http://www.twitch.tv/dirkdangles/b/550326285

hmmm 66 grids is a pretty darn big map if that's what your video was indicating LOL it was a little slow for me to watch ADD you know LOL show me some pics dude!
I can't read I only look at the pics you know :)

arbopa
August 30th, 2014, 20:46
This is an interesting idea. I am up for it. Been a while since last post, so not sure if the idea died or not.