PDA

View Full Version : Assertion Error

WarMachine
June 13th, 2014, 01:00
This is my first time running COD5 Radiant and I came across an error when I tried compiling a SP map.
The error pop ups near the end and console shows this:
ASSERTBEGIN -------------------------------------------------------------------
Expression:
config.maxs[0] >= 0.0f

Module: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin\cod2rad.exe
File: C:\cod5\cod\codsrc\src\xanim\xmodel_load_obj.cpp
Line: 734

ASSERTEND ---------------------------------------------------------------------

No fastfile is generated to Im unable to run the map.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

CaptCom
June 13th, 2014, 10:09
This happened to me before I fixed it by removing all prefabs and models then re added them one by one ( some groups by groups ) until I found the faulty one.

Good luck

WarMachine
June 13th, 2014, 12:40
It worked! Long live the Capt!
Im sad to see the models go. They were custom and were working fine in COD4. I was able to compile and run the map but now there is another problem. Some brushes are not appearing in game. Ive tried deleting the brushes and remaking, Ive moved the brushes, Ive re-textured them but they still wont appear in game. Can you help with this issue?

CaptCom
June 13th, 2014, 15:09
Many times overlapping brushes in CoD5 make them disappear in other times the angle of the brush make it acting weird. I'm presently working on 4 CoD5 maps ( to be released soon ) and I faced all these problems too. At least one of the problems is fixed ;)

WarMachine
June 13th, 2014, 15:22
I asked Cornrow Wallace he said that in COD5, overlapping surfaces create techsets and if that particular techset wasnt shipped with the tools, you will get this brush-disappearing problems in game. So the best thing to do is try a different solid+blend combination

DRUMBUM
June 13th, 2014, 20:42
I asked Cornrow Wallace he said that in COD5, overlapping surfaces create techsets and if that particular techset wasnt shipped with the tools, you will get this brush-disappearing problems in game. So the best thing to do is try a different solid+blend combination

^Cornrow is totally right! http://www.codutility.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Good to see you guys! Can't wait to see what you're working on WarMachine!

WarMachine
June 13th, 2014, 23:34
DrumBum! :D Good to see you here again! My current project is so intensive and awesome that even I dont know what it is!
Saw you at E3! :D

DRUMBUM
June 15th, 2014, 02:01
Whaaat?! Where did you see me?! Why didn't you say hi!

WarMachine
June 15th, 2014, 03:21
Well I wasnt actually there :D I wanted to come but couldnt get the day off because my company thinks game development isnt a 'real' job, software development is :D
Well anyway, congrats on the new job :D

nukemWaW
September 2nd, 2014, 12:13
The compiler will show the layers that conflict with the techset error and give you location as well if i recall correctly