PDA

View Full Version : Windows Server Help Needed

=CS=Dude4Him
March 5th, 2014, 15:42
I am posting this hoping we have some Windows 2003 server admins that can help with this problem with the CODUtility Uploader.

THe upload filesize for the CoDutility website is capped at 60mb. This needs to be larger to accomodate larger maps like CoD4 & CoDWaW maps. On our Windows server I can adjust the upload size using php.ini config

I have IIS6 running PHP with an adjustable upload size. I happened to set it at 130mb.

Here's the problem.

CaptCom uses an FTP client to post the map files on IIS for download from this site. He only uses FTP and does not formerally login to the Windows 2003 server. In order for the upload feature to work he needs write access to the uploads folder BUT which account do I give write access to on the Windows server?

I have gave IUSR write access but no joy. Any server admins out there?

{NADF}Geronimo
March 5th, 2014, 19:42
He only uses FTP
At first I would make sure, that the FTP User has write access. Maybe I got something wrong, but normaly the FTP-Server takes care about the permissions like read and write. So, maybe it is just so simple and solved? I would hope so... ;)

=CS=Dude4Him
March 5th, 2014, 19:58
The FTP account works as normal when used with a FTP client software but seems with the Uploader not so good. That is the problem.

MelVin
March 6th, 2014, 02:14
the problem might just be the script that makes the uploader work. I think we need to look at this, changing it could be the most reasonable solution.

=CS=Dude4Him
March 6th, 2014, 08:51
I would agree, Melvin. That seems to be the common denominator since FTP works without issue.

MelVin
March 6th, 2014, 10:20
I'll talk to Capt and see what we can come up with, no guarantees though