PDA

View Full Version : adding ground snow

grissim
April 22nd, 2013, 08:38
Im wondering how to make a snow map. I get the fx side of it.But how do you put snow on the ground,buildings and trees.I am working on a map mp_ridge and it just struck me this should be a snow map in looking at the size and the open terran I think it would be a fit.Any input would be helpful
Griss

{OSG}Brodie
April 23rd, 2013, 05:48
i guess you could always make the stock textures used in the map in to custom snow ones ore rename the stock snow ones to match the ones you used then put them in your maps iwd maybe?
shout me if you need any help with this i have some textures done this way already form my olde winter mod addon. let em know whic ones youve used in your map and ill hook you up with some if you want ;)

grissim
April 23rd, 2013, 08:29
ty I would welcome any help on this.

grissim
April 23rd, 2013, 08:32
Funny thing is I don't seem to have ant stock snow textures only materials for snow is snow clip

CaptCom
April 23rd, 2013, 10:03
There's no snow texture in CoD5 but I have some converted from UO. I'll check for them and send them by email.

CaptCom
April 23rd, 2013, 12:34
Email sent

grissim
April 23rd, 2013, 13:52
ty just got it.I will have a look.I need to study on making some so I can make a blend texture and maybe a decal

rgscriven
June 10th, 2013, 07:14
hey if anyone needs snow or ice texture for codwaw let me know and ill give to you or somehow send a link to download it

CaptCom
June 10th, 2013, 07:30
hey if anyone needs snow or ice texture for codwaw let me know and ill give to you or somehow send a link to download it
Thanks to you :number-one-45:

Received the files they will be added to download as soon as I,ll have the pictures done ;)

rgscriven
June 10th, 2013, 09:11
yes I did upload the snow and ice textures but to be honest I have no idea where I sent them to lol

rgscriven
June 10th, 2013, 09:15
OOPS I did see where they were in downloads lol silly me for posting the last message

CaptCom
June 10th, 2013, 09:15
Don't worry all is good.

The download is available HERE (http://www.codutility.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4829)

and the thread ( with images ) is HERE (http://www.codutility.com/showthread.php/2378-CoD5-custom-Snow-Ice-textures?goto=newpost)