PDA

View Full Version : minimap problem

arachnofang
August 23rd, 2012, 19:10
Hi guys,
I have a problem with my minimap, which is strange as this is far from my first map and never had this problem before,
I've followed all the tut's and still get the same results.

I start my map, mods>usermaps/launch, then I bring up the console and type /devmap mp_jungle (map loads fine)
In-game I bring up the console again and type /exec minimap, (works fine) but when I put in /scr_minimap_height 10000
nothing happens, it does not give me the overhead view to take the screenshot for my minimap.

I've also tried running it from the launcher with all the correct settings with +devmap mp_jungle but all I get is

FAILED TO EXECUTE: ../CoDWaWmp +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +devmap mp_jungle

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanx, Ian.

Gunner
August 23rd, 2012, 22:10
I maybe wrong and they might do it different in WAW, but in MW it's the other way around. You first type in /set scr_minimap_height 10000 and hit enter
then you type in /exec minimap. Or you may just need to add the /set to your second line. Just a thought.

Gunner..................

MelVin
August 24th, 2012, 00:09
did you add your minimap_corners? if not try it again once your done. If your still stuck let us know we can go from there. Good luck Ian:)

arachnofang
August 24th, 2012, 07:00
Yes I added them and left them there, will give it another try and let you know.

Thanx, Ian.

arachnofang
August 24th, 2012, 16:58
Well! I still can't get it to work, I've raised the height of my skybox, and even tried the minimap corners in the opposite corners.

.gsc

// #include common_scripts\utility;
#include maps\mp\_utility;
main()
{
maps\mp\_interactive_objects::init();
maps\mp\_load::main();
// maps\mp\_bobbing_obj::main();
maps\mp\mp_jungle_sfx::main();
maps\mp\mp_jungle_fx::main();
// maps\mp\_compass::setupMiniMap("compass_map_mp_jungle");

// If the team nationalites change in this file,
// you must update the team nationality in the level's csc file as well!
game["allies"] = "marines";
game["axis"] = "japanese";
game["attackers"] = "axis";
game["defenders"] = "allies";
game["allies_soldiertype"] = "pacific";
game["axis_soldiertype"] = "pacific";
setdvar("compassmaxrange","2100");
// enable new spawning system
maps\mp\gametypes\_spawning::level_use_unified_spa wning(true);

.csv zone file

// NOTE: If you add a comment, put a space after the double forward slash or you will get issues,,

col_map_mp,maps/mp/mp_jungle.d3dbsp,,

rawfile,maps/mp/mp_jungle.gsc,,
rawfile,maps\mp\mp_jungle_fx.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/mp_jungle_sfx.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/_interactive_objects.gsc
rawfile,clientscripts/mp/mp_jungle.csc
rawfile,vision/mp_jungle.vision
rawfile,maps/mp/_bobbing_obj.gsc

include,mptypes_pacific

fx,destructibles/fx_barrelexp_mp
fx,destructibles/fx_barrel_ignite
fx,destructibles/fx_barrel_fire_top
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_fire_medium
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_insect_swarm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_smoke_brush_smolder_sm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_water_fall_sm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_water_fall_puddle_splash
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_fog_rolling_thick_small_area
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_seagulls_circling
fx,explosions/grenadeExp_dirt

sound,mines,mp_jungle,all_mp
sound,common,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,generic,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,voiceovers,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,multiplayer,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,vehicles,veh_mp,all_mp
sound,mp_jungle,mp_jungle,all_mp

stringtable,mp/mapstable.csv

// material,loadscreen_mp_jungle
// material,compass_map_mp_jungle
// material,compass_overlay_map_blank

xmodel,skybox_mp_knee
xmodel,exploding_barrel_test_d

mapstable

# Map Data Table,,,,,,,,,,
a0,b1,c2,d3,e4,f5,g6,h7,i8,j9,k10
maxnum_map,13,,,,,,,,,
#mapname,#allies characters,#axis characters,#mapname,#mapimage,#index,#description, #mapoverlay,#map size description,#vehicles,#splitscreen
mp_jungle,marines,german,jungle,loadscreen_mp_jung le,13,jungle,compass_overlay_map_mp_blank,MEDIUM,N O,NO

If anyone needs more info let me know, anything to get this minimap working

Thanx, Ian.

Gunner
August 24th, 2012, 22:22
Is it just me or does the double lines on the

// maps\mp\_bobbing_obj::main();
// maps\mp\_compass::setupMiniMap("compass_map_mp_jun gle"); This line needs the space removed in jungle

need to be removed so the script lines can be read?

MelVin
August 24th, 2012, 23:34
Your maps table is off by one, if the map is 13 then the table has to be 14 as it counts 0 as the first slot. other than that your looking good at first glance. Check out my tut on codwaw minimaps, it has been used many times and works well. If that doesn't explain it , here is a list , short hand mind you, of what you need to do

1 start tools under admin privledges
2 click Run Game TAB
3 Exe type ----MP
4 check the following options to a value of 1 and no others
thereisacow,developer,developer_script
5 I use the mp_ownamwaw from the drop down Mod list
6 Custom Command Line +devmap mp_jungle
7 Click "Run Game" button
8 Once map loads, pick temas and classes,
9 now ingame rifle in hand, drop console type/exec minimap
10 now type/scr_minimap_height 10000(depending on map size you might need to change this value, try to stay above 10k)
as long as you did not set a cull distance then you should now be able to screen capture you mini.

If you have any problems Ian let me know and we can get together on TS or Vent and get the SOB sorted once an dfor all. Good luck:)

Rendori
August 25th, 2012, 07:39
had same issue over and over, checked everything, then noticed a skybox leak, fixed it and all worked.

Rendori

arachnofang
August 25th, 2012, 09:43
Gunner, they have to stay commentated out untill you have your compass minimap in your .iwd then you can remove your comments, if you remove them before you have your minimap it tries to look for it and then reports an error, same with your loadscreen, but thanx for your input, much appreciated.

Rendori, skybox leak was what I checked for first :-) had the same problem once before. but thanx anyway, also appreciated.

MelVin, OK! will give it a try, hopefully this will sort it, thank you my friend will let you know.

Ian.

arachnofang
August 25th, 2012, 11:05
Still no joy, I even tried my test.map. I put minimap corners in the correct places, made sure my skybox had no leaks and was high enough, all the console commands worked fine except for "/scr_minimap_height 10000". So it's not just restricted to one map, it would appear that it happens with every map, so now I am getting really worried. without minimaps that means I can't release "mp_ripper_1888".

Thanx, Ian.

arachnofang
August 25th, 2012, 11:47
Hi MelVin, I can't find your tut, when I click on mapping tutorials on the home page all I get is a blank window saying "Diagnose connection problems", could you put the link up for me please?

Thanx, Ian.

arachnofang
August 25th, 2012, 18:09
I just created a new test map "mp_minimap_test" and the "/scr_minimap_height 10000" command doesn't work on this one either, so thats three maps i've tried, which brings me to the conclusion it must be something else, perhaps one of my script files.

Just to be on the safe side here is a screenshot of how I lay my minimap corners out..........

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8239/25082012174130.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/25082012174130.jpg/)]screenshot[/url]

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't get this sorted, there is certainly no point in starting a new map, I can't finish the two I'm working on. its starting to get me down now to where I feel like giving up, almost six days solid I've been working on this problem, oh well.

Thanx, Ian.

MelVin
August 25th, 2012, 18:54
Have you cleared the mods and usermaps folder? Probably won't make to much difference but it's worth a try and should be done before compiling any map regardless, good habit to practice anyway. Regardless if you send me the ff files I can take the screen for you, your call. I tested my mamp mp_marsh and it was screen capable so it should be a quick easy 123;) Just let me know if I can help:)

As to the problem recurring, we can get together in TS if you like and figure it out from there if sending the FF's is not an option. Good luck Bro

MelVin
August 25th, 2012, 19:14
BTW here is the link to the tut I did, http://www.codutility.com/showthread.php/331-Minimap-the-real-way
Hope it helps

DaWizz
August 26th, 2012, 06:53
Ian, this is just a thought from my side, but have you tried one mod or did you try several mods ?

I had this problem with cod4, creating a mini map works with some mods, while other mods I can't create a minimap.
In CoD4 I set up a local dedi server and fire up the map from there.
If I am in game, I can create a minimap with this commandline :

"D:\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +set thereisacow 1337 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 + set sv_punkbuster 0 +set fs_game Mods/x4v3 +devmap mp_mapname +set r_fullscreen 1
I use the X4v3 mod for CoD4, since I'm not able to create a minimap with other mods.

Just try using different mods for CoD5

Just a though..Hope it helps you out.

I've seen footage from you ripper map and that map is just absolutely stunning !!!

arachnofang
August 26th, 2012, 08:29
I tried clearing the mods folder so it just left the normal mods that comes with the modtools, I also followed that tutorial, as well as the one done by zeroy, here is a screenshot of my launcher,

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4415/largev.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/largev.jpg/)

as you can see, the "mod specific map" box is not ticked, is it supposed to be ticked? but I don't know if it should be "Humourmodtwo showing" or "mp_humourmodtwo" but to be on the safe side I deleted all the custom mods. it just seems strange that when in console mode it understands all the commands except "/scr_minimap_height 10000" .

At this point MelVin I'm willing to try anything, and yes I would like to hook up with you on TS that would be great, the only thing is I can't be till next weekend, because my cancer has become a bit more agressive my family are taking me away for a few days.

I tried using different mods but to no avail, thank you for the nice comment DaWizz, I've been working on it for about a year now and its almost finished, some of the features are, opening and closing doors, trapdoors, manholes, sliding roller doors, climeable drain pipes, streaming music, opening and closing sash windows, hopefully it will get tested soon.

Anyway back to the grind, thank you for your help guys, it is much appreciated.

Ian.

spidypiet
August 26th, 2012, 10:52
ok that sreen is about compiling your map
i think you must go to the TAB : Run GAME
and run the map with these settings

arachnofang
August 26th, 2012, 11:23
I've tried it that way and all I get is this error.......
FAILED TO EXECUTE: ../CoDWaWmp +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +devmap mp_jungle
For some reason its trying to find a folder named "CoDWaWmp" the only folder I have that comes close is "CoDWaW"

Thanx, Ian.

Cornrow_Wallace
August 26th, 2012, 11:45
I've tried it that way and all I get is this error.......
For some reason its trying to find a folder named "CoDWaWmp" the only folder I have that comes close is "CoDWaW"

Thanx, Ian.

Try launching the game with a shortcut from your desktop instead of the launcher. I've always preferred that method anyway.

If you don't already have a WaWMP shortcut on your desktop:
Go to your WaW installation folder, right click on CoDWaWMP.exe, go to "create shortcut" and move it to your desktop.

If you do already have a WaWMP shortcut on your desktop:
Left click + Alt + drag the icon somewhere else on your desktop to make a copy of it.

Right click on it & go to Properties, clear the entire Target field and paste this in:

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +g_gametype dm +scr_game_graceperiod 0 +devmap mp_cw_hill

You'll need to change the Drive letter & map name (possibly the exe path if you're not using a 64bit OS).

I tested this path and it works fine, so if the problem persists it's most likely due to a bad script somewhere in your files.

arachnofang
August 26th, 2012, 18:25
Progress at last, thank you Cornrow, doing it your way I was able to execute the "/scr_minimap_height 10000" command, although it didn't work with mp_jungle (which is the one I want) it worked on another map. the mp_jungle problem is for some reason its looking at a script file that doesn't exist, "mp_jungle_sfx.gsc" I've deleted the file completely and removed all references to it in my .gsc file and my zone file but it doesn't matter how many times I compile the map, when I try to run the map it comes back with the same error, "script run time error, undefined is not an object" so I bring up the console and lo and behold it is somehow still looking for "mp_jungle_sfx.gsc" dunno how I'm gonna convince it its not there, it says its reading it from my .gsc file but there is reference to it, I removed it.

Anyway, I'm away tomorrow for a few days so I will see you guys when I get back.

Once again thank you very much for your help guys, I relly appreciate it.

Ian.

arachnofang
September 2nd, 2012, 11:57
Hi guys! I'm back now. I just tried it all again and noticed something really strange, the map mp_jungle that I load in-game is not the mp_jungle I've compiled, I have several mp_jungles all at various stages of development, and it doesn't matter which one I compile it still shows the same map everytime, I tried compiling a version from two years ago that was only half done but when I go in-game its still loading the fully completed version, which is the same problem I am still getting with mp_jungle_sfx.gsc, even though I had removed all reference of it from my ,gsc and zone files it is still trying to access it and then gives me the script run time error, undefined is not an object. so! In a nut shell it is not compiling the correct map, and its reading the wrong .gsc and zone files.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanx, Ian.

CaptCom
September 2nd, 2012, 13:27
Maybe you have another version in your zone/english ( ff ) folder

arachnofang
September 2nd, 2012, 14:57
Just looked in my zone/english folder, I don't have any of my custom maps in there, am I supposed to have them there?

Thanx, Ian.

Gunner
September 2nd, 2012, 21:20
You need to go to your zone_source/english to find your ff files.

arachnofang
September 3rd, 2012, 08:32
I don't have any .ff files in zone_source/english, just two folders, assetinfo and assetlist.

Thanx, Ian.

Gunner
September 3rd, 2012, 09:08
My bad. Forgot that they changed location in cod5.

arachnofang
September 3rd, 2012, 09:25
:enaccord8: Thats ok my friend, did get me a bit worried though. :D

Ian.

SlickToxic
September 3rd, 2012, 09:28
Maybe check your usermaps folder?

Back when i mapped for COD1 if i tested my map in a pk3 to see if the file structure was correct.
If i didn't remove it from the main folder it would always load the pk3 and i wouldnt see changes to the same map
i just compiled. Used to frustrate me to know end lol.

arachnofang
September 3rd, 2012, 12:25
Thanx, I will try that.

Ian.

arachnofang
September 4th, 2012, 08:01
If I use this from the shortcut on my desktop, (suggested by Cornrow_Wallace) for mp_btb_jungle

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +g_gametype dm +scr_game_graceperiod 0 +devmap mp_btb_jungle

I get this error

Script runtime error, Pair 'undefined' and UNDERSCORE' has unmatching 'types' 'undefined' and 'string'

Then if I use this for mp_ripper_1888

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +g_gametype dm +scr_game_graceperiod 0 +devmap mp_ripper_1888

I get this error...

Script runtime error, undefined is not an object

Then if I use this for mp_jtr

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods/mp_usermaps +set thereisacow 1 +set developer 1 +set developer_script 1 +g_gametype dm +scr_game_graceperiod 0 +devmap mp_jtr

It works fine, I can get my minimap screenshot, although when I come out of game there is an error saying

Script runtime error, Type undefined is not a vector

Although, I'm not bothered about that error because I have my minimap screenshot.

Here are the source files for each map so you can see the difference, and maybe see where I might be going wrong.

mp_btb_jungle

.gsc

// #include maps\mp\_utility;

main()
{
maps\mp\_teleport::main();
maps\mp\_bobbing_obj::main();
maps\mp\mp_jungle_sfx::main();
maps\mp\mp_jungle_fx::main();

// maps\mp\_compass::setupMiniMap("compass_map_mp_btb_jungle");

// If the team nationalites change in this file,
// you must update the team nationality in the level's csc file as well!

// enable new spawning system
}

.csv

col_map_mp,maps/mp/mp_btb_jungle.d3dbsp

rawfile,maps/mp/mp_jungle.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\mp_jungle_fx.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/mp_jungle_sfx.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/_teleport.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/_interactive_objects.gsc
rawfile,clientscripts/mp/mp_jungle.csc
rawfile,vision/mp_jungle.vision
rawfile,maps/mp/_bobbing_obj.gsc

fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_fire_medium
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_insect_swarm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_smoke_brush_smolder_sm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_water_fall_sm
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_water_fall_puddle_splash
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_fog_rolling_thick_small_area
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_seagulls_circling
fx,explosions/grenadeExp_dirt

sound,mines,mp_jungle,all_mp
sound,common,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,generic,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,voiceovers,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,multiplayer,mp_jungle,!all_mp
sound,vehicles,veh_mp,all_mp
sound,mp_jungle,mp_jungle,all_mp

include,water
include,mptypes_pacific

stringtable,mp/mapstable.csv

xmodel,skybox_mp_knee
xmodel,exploding_barrel_test_d

mp_ripper_1888

.gsc

main()
{

ambientplay("ripper_song");

maps\mp\_ripper_1888_struct::main();

maps\mp\_double_slide_door_01::main();

maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_01::main();
maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_02::main();
maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_03::main();
maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_04::main();

maps\mp\_single_manhole_01::main();
maps\mp\_single_manhole_02::main();
maps\mp\_single_manhole_03::main();

maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_01::main();
maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_02::main();
maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_03::main();

maps\mp\_single_slide_up_01::main();

maps\mp\_single_jack_trap_01::main();

game["axis"] = "german";
game["axis_soldiertype"] = "german";

if(getdvar("scr_customnames_ww") == "") setdvar("scr_customnames_ww",1);

if(getdvarint("scr_customnames_ww"))
level thread teamnames();
level thread test();
}
teamnames()
{
wait 0.1;

setdvar("g_TeamName_Allies", "Jack the Ripper");
setdvar("g_TeamName_Axis", "Peel Street Runner");
}

test()
{
wait( 2 );

jack = getEntArray( "ripper01", "targetname" );
ents = getentarray( "script_model", "classname" );
clips = getentarray( "script_brushmodel", "classname" );
for( i=0; i < jack.size; i++ )
{
for( j=0; j < clips.size; j++ )
if( distance( clips[j].origin, jack[i].origin ) <= 65 )
clips[j] LinkTo( jack[i] );

for( n=0; n < ents.size; n++ )
if( ents[n].model == "weapon_rus_reznov_knife" )
ents[n] Linkto( jack[i] );

jack[i] thread trigger_hurt_think();
jack[i] thread Jack_think();
}
}

Jack_think()
{
self.trig = spawn( "trigger_radius", (706, 734, 6), 0, 50, 80 );

stage1 = (830, 730, 76);
stage2 = (786, 730, 76);

for( ;; )
{
self.trig waittill( "trigger", player );

if( isPlayer( player ) && isAlive( player ) )
{

self moveTo( stage1, 3 );
self waittill( "movedone" );
wait( 0.05 );
self moveTo( stage2, 3 );
self waittill( "movedone" );

self notify( "hurt_time" );

break;
}
}
}

trigger_hurt_think()
{
trapDoor = getEntArray( "trap_door", "targetname" );

for( ;; )
{
self waittill( "hurt_time" );

//trapDoor moveto( open_origin, 3 );
}
}

.csv

ignore,code_post_gfx_mp
ignore,localized_code_post_gfx_mp

col_map_mp,maps\mp\mp_ripper_1888.d3dbsp

rawfile,maps\mp\mp_ripper_1888.gsc
rawfile,clientscripts\mp\mp_ripper_1888.csc
rawfile,maps\mp\_interactive_objects.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_ripper_1888_struct.gsc
rawfile,clientscripts\mp\_ripper_1888_struct.csc

rawfile,maps\mp\_double_slide_door_01.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_01.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_02.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_03.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_trapdoor_04.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\_single_manhole_01.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_manhole_02.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_manhole_03.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_01.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_02.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\_single_frontdoor_03.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\_single_slide_up_01.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\_single_jack_trap_01.gsc

rawfile,vision\mp_ripper_1888.vision
rawfile,maps\mp\createart/mp_ripper_1888.gsc

fx,custom\lamp_glow
fx,custom\lamp_glow_o
fx,maps\oki2\fx_fog_aisle
fx,bio\animals\fx_bats_circling
fx,env\light\fx_lights_lantern_on
fx,env\water\fx_water_single_leak
fx,maps\see2\fx_fog_rolling_thick
fx,bio\insects\fx_insects_lantern_2
fx,env\light\fx_lights_candle_flame
fx,env\water\fx_water_ripple_single_sm
fx,env\smoke\fx_fog_rolling_thick_slow
fx,maps\mp_maps\fx_mp_pipe_steam_random
fx,maps\mp_maps\fx_mp_water_spill_splash
fx,env\smoke\fx_fog_rolling_thick_600x600

// material,loadscreen_mp_ripper_1888
// material,compass_map_mp_ripper_1888

include,water
include,mptypes_germanmarines

xmodel,skybox_rhi3

xmodel,static_seelow_woodbarrel_single
fx,destructibles\fx_barrelexp_mp
fx,destructibles\fx_barrel_ignite
fx,destructibles\fx_barrel_fire_top

sound,common,mp_ripper_1888,!all_mp
sound,generic,mp_ripper_1888,!all_mp
sound,voiceovers,mp_ripper_1888,!all_mp
sound,multiplayer,mp_ripper_1888,!all_mp
sound,mp_ripper_1888,mp_ripper_1888,all_mp
sound,mp_ripper,,all_mp

localize,ripper_1888
stringtable,mp\mapstable.csv

mp_jtr

.gsc

main()
{
maps\mp\_destructables::init();

maps\mp\gametypes\_spawning::level_use_unified_spa wning( true );

}

.csv

ignore,code_post_gfx_mp
ignore,common_mp

col_map_mp,maps/mp/mp_jtr.d3dbsp

rawfile,maps/mp/mp_jtr.gsc
rawfile,maps/mp/_destructables.gsc

sound,common,mp_jtr,all_mp
sound,generic,mp_jtr,all_mp
sound,voiceovers,mp_jtr,all_mp
sound,multiplayer,mp_jtr,all_mp
sound,mp_jtr,mp_jtr,all_mp

fx,mwm/mwm_barrel_exp
fx,explosions/fx_mortarExp_dirt
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_smoke_crater
fx,maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_fire_furnace
fx,maps/fly/fx_dest_door
fx,maps/pel2/fx_exp_fire_bunker_window
fx,maps/fly/fx_dest_rear_deck03_1
fx,explosions/fx_exp_20mm_cannon
fx,explosions/default_explosion_mp
fx,env/fire/fx_fire_thick_smoke_md
fx,bio/animals/fx_crows_panic_flight
fx,bio/animals/fx_pigeon_panic_flight
fx,env/fire/fx_fire_barrel_med
fx,maps/fly/fx_dest_rear_deck06_1
fx,env/foliage/fx_leaves_falling_tree_standard
fx,system_elements/fx_exp_fireball2

xmodel,skybox_pel1

xmodel,static_seelow_woodbarrel_single

character,char_usa_raider_player_rifle,,
character,char_usa_raider_player_cqb,,
character,char_usa_raider_player_assault,,
character,char_usa_raider_player_lmg,,
character,char_usa_raider_player_smg,,
character,char_jap_impinf_player_smg,,
character,char_jap_impinf_player_rifle,,
character,char_jap_impinf_player_lmg,,
character,char_jap_impinf_player_cqb,,
character,char_jap_impinf_player_assault,,

I just can't figure out what the problem is, also! If I load the game and go....

mods/usermaps/launch

console: /devmap mp_mapsname

All three maps load fine but the only map that

/exec minimap
/scr_minimap_height 10000

works on is mp_jtr.

If you need to look at my

mapstable.csv
mp_mymapsname.csc

I will post those as well.

Thanx, Ian.

hulka
July 3rd, 2014, 10:16
Ok. Bringing back an old thread but I'm having this problem as well now.
Tried CW's shortcut to no avail.
I can load the map, exec minmap works. But I cannot take the screen. I tried on 2 maps, one of them barebones.

Rendori
July 3rd, 2014, 11:31
Are you windowed or fullscreen? You can't take a screenie if windowed. Are you looking in the right place? W7 puts them under Documents/Activision, etc.

Catch me in TS hulka and we can talk about it.

Rendori

hulka
July 3rd, 2014, 13:51
I solved the problem where I couldn't take normal screens (didn't have a profile active)
However, it won't let me take the screenshot for minimaps. /scr_minimap_height does nothing. I checked the console error message on one map it said I didn't have 2 minimap corners, which I assure you It does. So I tried on barebones, got no error message at all, it did nothing when I typed in the command for the minimap screenshot. That's the one that's most puzzling, it's just barebones with 2 minimap scriptstructs added, exec minimap works, then type in the command for the screen and nothing happens, so I'm at the point of contemplating a fresh install....

hulka
July 3rd, 2014, 13:52
Oh, I am not in windowed mode either.

Rendori
July 3rd, 2014, 19:05
the minimap corners need to be script_origins only. targetname minimap_corner. I spelt one wrong once, took me ages to find it.

Ren

hulka
July 3rd, 2014, 21:22
Oh man thanks.
I feel stupid, was using script_structs instead of script_origins...

{OSG}Brodie
July 4th, 2014, 07:47
radiant has minimap corners already included guys no need to use script structs or origins ;)

hulka
July 4th, 2014, 11:03
How do we use the ones included in radiant?

{OSG}Brodie
July 4th, 2014, 11:17
right click on 2d grid on left and insert as a prefab bud

hulka
July 4th, 2014, 11:58
misc/prefab?
I looked through all my prefabs and didn't see anything regarding minimap corners.
Am I missing something still?

{OSG}Brodie
July 4th, 2014, 12:36
ah just noticed thread is in cod5 and maybe cod5 radiant doesnt have this i know cod4 does in main prefabs folder named minimap_corner