PDA

View Full Version : Cod2 black screen

Lord snake
July 24th, 2012, 11:47
Hi Guys. I would very much appreciate your input on an issue that I have been experiencing recently. I have 12 PCs in my basement all for playing COD2. UP to 5 weeks ago these had an ASROCK g41 Socket 775 motherboard with Intel E6600 S775 Dual Core processors. Since then I had upgraded to an ASUS P8H61M-LE S1155 motherboard with G620 and G850 S1155 dual core CPU. Since then I have had no end to comstant lock ups with a black screen (no screen graphics visible). That's it the game crashes completely and presing ALT-CTRL-DEL bringing up the task manager shows that the game is 'Not Responding'. The only way we have found that APPARENTLy works so far is loading the game in 640x480 res, starting a game (we play only CTF) and the changing the res to 1024 x 768 or, somtimes higher. All the graphics cards are Nvidia GF9600 or 9800Gt and I had ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES with the previous config. Let me point out that the ASUS MB has an item in the bIOS which stops the PC in the event of a 'dodgy' supply. This I have set to 'disable' as I thought it might have been the cause but nope it ain't :( .
Any thoughts anyone? Thanks

MelVin
July 24th, 2012, 21:57
The problem could be caused by many things. Make sure all your drivers are updated to the latest versions.

if all else fails there are new bios updates, The link that follows is to REVISION 3of your motherboard. make sure you verify that your motherboard/s are the same version/revision, if not find the correct revision for what you have...
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61M_LE/#download

Updating the bios should always be the last resort as there is a slim chance that things go wrong. Good luck

Lord snake
July 25th, 2012, 07:59
Hi Melvin many thanks for your quick response however all the MB BIOS have been updated with the last available update and all are Rev 3 Mainboards. Perhaps I should add that the O/S is Win XP SP3 and these were 'ported' over from the Asrock 775 Mainboard to the Asus S1155. Windows did not complain about this 'transfer' . Everything else works fine. HeLp squared...

CaptCom
July 25th, 2012, 08:03
I know its a pain in the a** but did you tried to add/test 1 pc at the time?
Maybe one of them is causing the problem to the network.