PDA

View Full Version : correct steps for an IWD

boomer62
April 17th, 2012, 20:32
Hey Gang,

I have spent more hours thinking about and going over & over WHY are the loadscreens and minimaps busting my as_, I have done all tuts over and over with no success! GRRRRRRR
I have been thinking tonight that maybe my problem might be, that I am not building the iwd properly?

On my desktop I start out with a folder named; mp_mymap...in that I create a raw folder....in that I create an image folder, I place all iwi's in the image folder............ I use winrar, I right click that folder and add to archive and save it as a archive format .zip.............................. I rename it to mp_mymap.iwd, it states it may become unstable or w/e it says I say YES and move it to my mods folder when done...
Is this the way its suppose to be done or is this whats mucking me? Should I also be adding the 2 items from materials and material_properties or are those 2 things already...I think in the ff files right?

This is killing me! These tuts are working for people, I KNOW THEY WORK, so it must be something else like the above mentioned thats busting my butt.

VeeTee
April 17th, 2012, 20:39
What program are you using to compress?

WinRar or 7-zip?

boomer62
April 17th, 2012, 21:41
winrar and compression method normal

Gunner
April 17th, 2012, 21:42
Here's a quick trick. Go to your usermap folder. Open up one of the map files that's already in there. Copy the rar file that the folder has in it and past it to your folder in
your customMap folder. Now open that raw file, open the image folder and delete everything in it. Now add your iwi's into it. If the raw file worked in the map you copied it
from it should work ok with your iwi's in it. This way you know you have a good raw file to work with. Just make sure to rename it mp_yourmapname. Give that a try.

Gunner.....................

boomer62
April 17th, 2012, 22:28
Hey Gunner,

I got the same results, the map loads with no image just the squares, so I guess that says my files/folders were ok as far as that goes?

EDIT:
Whoa ok here is a change, just for grins and giggles I went into the map where I have my name on the sides of 2 buildings and for the first time my name appeared but still no loadscreen? So whats this telling me?

Gerry
April 17th, 2012, 23:22
Just wondered,
In your iwd file what folders do you see?

boomer62
April 17th, 2012, 23:38
OK GUYS!

You are the first ones for me to share this with! I HAVE MY FIRST FULL RUNNING MAP/ LOADSCREEN AND MINIMAP! Gunner I don't understand it but that worked! I stayed and screwed around with it a little more, after seeing my name, I got the minimap in and then started screwing around with the loadscreen and I ust saw load for the first time!

CAPT WE DID IT WOOOHOOO!

My first, but really my second map soon to be posted here: mp_simple_city mapped by: BOOMER>XI< HAHAAAAAAAAAA HOT DAMN!

kraava
April 18th, 2012, 02:16
I use Total Commander. When it comes to .iwd packing, its just drag&drop in one of allready used .iwd-s

Blixx
April 18th, 2012, 02:52
he should be use for packing or creat the new one
7 zip ... i had also this problem in the past with winrar

after i use my 7 zip prgramm ... all works very fine and without any probs

Gunner
April 18th, 2012, 07:08
Great to hear you got it working. I had the same problem when I first
started and that trick worked. I always keep a blank one in my customMap
folder as a spare just in case.

Gunner..........

CaptCom
April 18th, 2012, 08:38
OK GUYS!

You are the first ones for me to share this with! I HAVE MY FIRST FULL RUNNING MAP/ LOADSCREEN AND MINIMAP! Gunner I don't understand it but that worked! I stayed and screwed around with it a little more, after seeing my name, I got the minimap in and then started screwing around with the loadscreen and I ust saw load for the first time!

CAPT WE DID IT WOOOHOOO!

My first, but really my second map soon to be posted here: mp_simple_city mapped by: BOOMER>XI< HAHAAAAAAAAAA HOT DAMN!

Well that's a great news!!!

Since you sent me your files I lost almost all my hair lollll

I have never thought that it came from the iwd!

Was using yours all the time.

At least it is working now :D